Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Cheshunt v Town

seemgee

Good performance last night, albeit against very poor opposition - Steve Newing has his work cut out there - surprised he didn't start with Kalu or Wallace who would both have been up for a game against us.

We created SO MANY chances - had we scored even a 3rd of them we'd have bettered the 8 in the pre-season game.

Thought every player did a good job - my MOM would be Ryan Blake - great performance - shame he couldnt be kept on for a chance of a hat trick, but game was won so best to save him for Sat I suppose.

Also thought Greene & Kyriacou played very well. Nice to see youngster Hockney get a bit of match time.

A good session to get the winning spirit back, we did all we could against a lesser team. Apparently a home tie in the next round against a Div1 side, so good chance of last 16.

Not nice to hear of the car break ins - sour note after a good evening

On the footy front, agree with everything above; boys versus teenagers, should have got more than last time, so many near misses and so many shots and headers straight at the 'keeper. A win but a frustrating one.

With regards car vandalism; is it just me or is Cheshunt's car park worse lit than ours? Especially as, when their flood lights are on, the car park is actually pitch black!

Surprised nobody's mentioned it to the council/health and safety? ;) ;)  ;)  

I wasn't surprised at all by the result last night just by looking at Towns line up it was clear Andy wanted to win this and win it well which he did. Our problem is the board did not act quick enough changing our manager given our horrendous run at the end of last season, the players bought in pre season were just not good enough. Steve is doing his best  bringing in what he can but really we just need to retain our place in the league this season which i know we will  and then see what Steve can do with a clean slate next season. By the way guys i wouldn't get too carried away as Barking put four past us with no reply on saturday against a stronger starting eleven (on paper anyway), good luck for the rest of the season.

It was good to get a win on the board against a very poor Cheshunt side. Having watched them about a year ago, what has happened down there?

As far as ETFC goes, it was an easy confidence builder. Thomas and Greene both took their goals well and we controlled the game. Couldn’t see too well but it looked like both of the other goals were scored as OGs rather than Blake? We missed an absolute hatful in the 2nd half though and we need to be more clinical than that in the league.

Hopefully a very welcome 3 points are in store Saturday.

Through my viewfinder the first one definitely looked like Blake's and the second looked like Blake's shot hit the defender's foot and then Blake's follow through and into the net. The kind of lucky rebound that can kick-start a striker's season.

Archived