Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Liam

big guy

Andy Leese has confirmed officially that Liam Hope has been added to his squad.

Liam of course needs no introduction to Town supporters, having clocked up 252 appearances for the club and netted a record 108 goals.

Andy said "I can confirm we have added to the squad with a familiar face in Liam Hope this week. Liam has been training with us for a few weeks now, and his experience will be useful as we tackle a heavy schedule. I know all supporters will welcome him back!"

The best bit of news I have had for the past few weeks. Liam may not be as quick as some but within the penalty area his ratio of goals is great. Rates up there with Billy Crook as a penalty and free-kick  takers we have had.

I hope he gets his share of playing time. ( No pun intended). I will look forward to seeing him once I am up and about. 

Totally agree 4WF: definitely the best news from the club for some time. A legend. A nice guy. And after Simon's performance on Saturday I think they could form a pretty good partnership. Different types of players, who could complement each other well. I'd certainly put Liam straight in ahead of our loan player, who was - let's be charitable- somewhat peripheral on Saturday against a not particularly strong defence.

Totally agree 4WF: definitely the best news from the club for some time. A legend. A nice guy. And after Simon's performance on Saturday I think they could form a pretty good partnership. Different types of players, who could complement each other well. I'd certainly put Liam straight in ahead of our loan player, who was - let's be charitable- somewhat peripheral on Saturday against a not particularly strong defence.

I agree. Unfortunately Elliot Benyon looked like a player whose confidence is completely shot. He could have had a hat-trick by half-time against Thurrock, but he didn't look like he believed he was going to score. I can see why Wealdstone have sent him out on loan in search of some confidence.

• 2 weeks later...

Well we have had some news of sorts but it was rather like a pat on the head and go away until the next time.

As you say B-t-G no news about Liam. Actually it could have been written by some of the senior politicians I came across in my professional life, a lot of words but having very little substance.

I do believe that at the AGM members must press for more concise answers to the various questions upon which the share their concern.

Unfortunately I won't be there as I will be otherwise indisposed for a month or two.

Archived