Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Chester loan forward Udoh points to Ryan Lowe influence

FF News

Daniel Udoh has revealed the influence of former Chester striker Ryan Lowe convinced him to sign for the Blues.

The Nigerian forward has penned a month-long loan deal at the Deva, joining from League Two outfit Crewe Alexandra, currently managed by another former Blue – Dave Artell, who made 80 appearances for the club.

Udoh explained how the influence of Lowe, now coaching at Bury having been interim manager earlier this season, has enabled him to join Chester, after boss Marcus Bignot was alerted to his talents in front of goal during a recent loan spell at Halesowen Town, netting eight times in 10 matches.

"I was doing alright at Halesowen and the gaffer was watching me," said the 21-year-old, who was straight into the starting XI for the Blues 1-0 victory over Solihull Moors.

"When my loan finished there was an opportunity to come to Chester. Knowing how big the club is and knowing players like Ryan Lowe who had played here previously, he (Crewe boss David Artell) said to go there, give it a good crack and it will give me a good opportunity, even if it is this level next year or play higher, I just want to play games and do well for the club I'm playing for.

"When Ryan was with me at Crewe he used to take our striker sessions and used to tell me little things off the ball. I remember when he was injured last year and I was starting the game instead of him, he told me to get my head down and make those runs and pace yourself, what you want an experience pro to tell a younger player."

Read more: http://www.chesterstandard.co.uk

Source

Archived