Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Smith waiting in the wings for Dragons chance

FF News

Frustrating as it may be, Leo Smith admits he is happy to bide his time on the sidelines for Wrexham, so long as the Dragons continue to fight towards the top of the National League table.

Smith, who last year signed his first professional contract – a two-and-a-half year deal at the Racecourse – has been on the periphery of the Dragons first team this campaign, enjoying only three starts and three substitute appearances.

But the 19-year-old acknowledges he needs to wait patiently for his chance, and insists he is ready to take it when it does come his way.

And he hopes Saturday proves to be that chance, Wrexham entertaining National League North side Harrogate Town in the first round of the FA Trophy, with Dragons boss Dean Keates already stating: "We have got players who need minutes, so there will be one or two changes."

Smith said: "Hopefully I can get the game time that I want on Saturday and hopefully impress as well.

"It has been frustrating, but the lads have been doing so well, so I can't complain. I am just biding my time, I know my time will come and hopefully Saturday, if I play, I hope to impress."

Read more: http://www.dailypost.co.uk

Source

Archived