Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

AFC Telford United favourite Samuels happy with stepping back from the game

FF News

A Friday night under the lights, it was a very good point as AFC Telford United managed to stay in the Vanarama National League North.

Key to getting something out of the game was keeping Stockport winger Danny Lloyd quiet – and Dwayne Samuels was the man who did it.

Just eight months later though, Lloyd is playing in League One for Peterborough United and Samuels is not playing at all. He has no immediate plans to return to the game either.

Samuels, aged 27, was the first choice right-back for the Bucks in the previous two seasons – a player who gave his all for the cause, a true fan favourite.

He decided not to sign fresh terms for this campaign though, stating he needed some time off after being involved in back-to-back scraps against relegation – which, in the end, they won.

And the former West Brom youngster is happy with the 'very tough' choice he made during the summer.

"I am happy with how things are – happy with the decision I made, to take time off and sort things in my personal life," said Samuels.

"It was a very tough decision, something I did not take lightly, but I have gained some clarity from having this time off.

"Those two seasons were tough – it was a very high-pressure environment. It's been good for me to get away from that."

Read more at https://www.shropshirestar.com

Source

Archived