Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Barrow player departures in January not expected

FF News

Barrow AFC managing director Andrew Casson is hopeful there will be no players exits from the Bluebirds squad in January.

The club have seen both Alex-Ray Harvey – their longest-serving player – and Liam Hughes head out the exit to team back up with former boss Paul Cox in the last two months.

Both men put in transfer requests at a time when there was much turmoil behind the scenes, with Micky Moore replacing Cox, then being sacked and replaced by current boss Ady Pennock.

That led to speculation that several other players had asked to leave as well, but so far no-one else has departed the Bluebirds.

Casson said rumours as many as half-a-dozen players had requested to go were untrue, but recognised there had been unease and uncertainty before Pennock's arrival alongside new player/coach Grant Holt and fitness coach Lindsay Davies.

Now, however, the managing director says there is more stability, and – aside from the possibility of losing one or more of the four loan players whose present deals run out in January – he does not expect anyone else to want out.

"I don't expect them to go anywhere," said Casson. "Seeing them, interacting with them, I know there were lots of rumours about five or six transfer requests being handed in, and while that wasn't the case, I think there was a significant concern among a lot of the players as to where this club was going in that interim Micky Moore/Ady Pennock period."

Read more: http://www.nwemail.co.uk

Source

Archived