Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Enfield Town V Harrow Borough

DerekR

What a great way to start the new year!

By all accounts a well deserved win and an excellent all round team performance. We remain unbeaten at home this season, and over the festive season our team has delivered two wins and a draw at Met Police, who today won 1-5 away at Staines. Very well done to Andy Leese and the lads on a great run of results. Looking forward to seeing everyone at Worthing on Saturday.

Earlier in the season people were asking on this forum what had happened to Harry Ottaway. Whereabouts solved, he is now playing for Corinthian Casuals and today scored the winning goal against Walton Casuals.

Happy New Year everybody, let's hope it is a good one for us all.

Well I enjoyed that! All the lads played well. Could easily have been 3-0 at half time. In answer to your question RG, one youngster, Jack Hockney got on with about 10 mins to go. In that time he had 2 shots on goal and did well, out of all the subs I would say he stood out the most. I really don’t want to pick out any of the first eleven as I thought it was a real team effort and they and the manager deserve a pat on the back. Looking forward to the next game!

Edited by Castorman

Good win, very comfortable, but Harrow were probably the worst team we've played this season.

Speaks volumes that Taylor McKenzie was named a deserved man of the match in a game when they really didn't attack us at all. Other candidates for me were Ryan Blackman and Mickey Parcell.

Jack Hockney did get on but was again played in midfield.

And dan was solid playing in his correct position centre half along side Taylor.

Why it has taken the manager until christmas to realise dans a centre half and not a left back when as fans we have been saying it for weeks i dont understand.

But Andy got it right today and the team played as a good solid unit and not individuals well done one and all.

Agreed Vauxhallman, I like Dan as a player, hopefully he’ll now play his rightful position. We have an even worse team on Saturday, so should be an easy win, maybe that’s the game when we’ll get to see Jack have a good amount of mins in his position. Do we know when Kirby is back and Liam from his holiday?

Agreed Vauxhallman, I like Dan as a player, hopefully he’ll now play his rightful position. We have an even worse team on Saturday, so should be an easy win, maybe that’s the game when we’ll get to see Jack have a good amount of mins in his position. Do we know when Kirby is back and Liam from his holiday?

Form guide.

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/isthmian-football-league-premier-division/form-guide/six

Thought that we as a team, were great today. No one stood out as MOTM but collectively, we hammered them. Five or six nil wouldn't have flattered us, we were head and shoulders above Harrow who fought their corner but on the day just weren't good enough. I was impressed with Simon Thomas today as he put the effort into his performance and really bullied their back line and keeper.

If I was to give MOTM to anybody, I'd give it to Andy Leese for listening to what we've all been saying, which is get the ball on the deck and play some football. 7 points out of 9, playing the right way, it's been a great Xmas !

Thanks Andy, I’ve never seen that page before (even though I have that app on my phone), so I take it back, they are on good form at the moment despite being 22 in the league. Let’s hope their good form has a slip up on Saturday! Lol

its been there all the time

no postcard from liam so no idea

Credit where it is due. A good team and management performance but for the past 2 or 3 games many of the changes that have been made have been forced on the management.

We will discover whether a corner has been turned when we start playing the top clubs once more. I cannot wait to see how we deal with the likes of Folkestone at home.