Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Kingstonian V Enfield Town

DerekR

Admonishment accepted ST, when you get into your 80's the years merge into one another but my point still remains the same because it was an even a worse start to that season. 

You didn't, however, address my query as to why, if true as suggested, players seem to be shying away from joining us. Surely that is the the point at issue. I again say if TRUE. Have you any reason to doubt this assertion and if so what is your take on the question??? I together with others  would certainly like to know what is fact.

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

Very honest interview by Andy after the debacle against Kingstonian.

He admitted that the bostik league has taken him a little by suprise.

Abd i do kind of feel sorry for him because as he rightly said we had two players when he arrived and had to build from scratch a team to compete in the bostik prem a league he didnt really know and has taken him by surprise

I am actually going to stop moaning about him support him until the end of the season and see where we end up.

I agree Theodopolus.The mere fact that he was man enough to hold that interview says a lot for the man.

He does need fans to now get off his back and give him the at least until the end of the season or even one more season now he is finding his feet in the bostik prem

He admits some of the players are not cutting the mustard at present and things will change.

What more can he say really.

I for one don't dislike our manager at all.Or have an axe to grind.Am commenting purely on performances and results.

I recommended Andy Leese for the post as Town manager nearly 10 years ago.So certainly am not biased against him.

The reason he was given the post this season ahead of more exciting but less experienced candidates was his perceived ability to put a good quality squad together that short notice.The wages budget has also seemingly increased this season,maybe partly due to hardly any of the squad being local to north London/Hertfordshire.

I  stated last month that a change of manager should not happen mid-season unless the squad totally imploded or the threat of relegation becomes a realistic possibility.Am still hoping Andy can get a grip of this league and the quality of his squad sooner rather than later and bring success and good football back to our club.

Both Theo and Vman have brought up an interesting view point. However, I would be surprised if any criticism recently given by many is borne out of personal malice of  AL the man.

No, the primarily reasons are well summed  by LS, in his previous post.

I also think that every EFTC supporter appreciated the hard start he had to make. But I am at a bit of a loss as to his reported comment that the Bostic League has taken him by surprise.

It may be an honest response but it seems to me rather illogical. When he applied for the job

he obviously believed his experience and ability was good enough to overcome the reality of only having two players to start with and would see him through. I am sure that it was this belief  that convinced those who interviewed him as the right man for the job. This  is now why I question the logic of his statement regarding the Bostic league. To me it would have been best unsaid because it seems like an admission of failure and hardly encourages confidence in others. 

Unfortunately, his choice of player and set up of the team is what is letting him down. Now that half the season gone he still seems to show a reluctance to alter things by maintaining those who have proved below par.   

Again I still believe in our survival in our maintaining our status in the league but a bit of diversity from from the playing staff would be welcome.  

Totally agree with the above comments from Theo and Vman. AL needs our support. If all we do is moan negative comments about players/Manager, its not going to help the team. I don’t know any of the players or the manager personally, but I do wonder how many of them read this. I’m sure reading “lads we believe you can do it” or “AL, that wasn’t the best game,but we’re behind you, keep going!” will aid a positive mental approach to the next game. I can’t believe that reading “they are the worst team we’ve ever had” will encourage positive performances.

AL is an experienced manager, so he knows a shit game when sees one, and he also knows which players are past their best, or those that have a lot of potential, but I’m sure there must be stuff that goes on behind the scene that we know nothing about (as it should be), so I’m with Vman, AL has my full support until the end of the season and maybe more. I really hope that people raise their concerns/questions (as they have a right to do) at the AGM in a supportive manner rather than in an accusing “I know better than you” manner.

Edited by Castorman

Some good points to which I would just add that we are a Club which has always treated players and staff fairly and it is crucial to our reputation and drawing power to maintain and excel in this respect. I felt recently that Andy and the team may have turned the corner but the Ks result has pulled us all back again. I think the team needs to show improvement over the second half of the season and we do need a quality left sided defender as a matter of urgency IMO. Do that and Andy and Darren certainly deserve our full support and an opportunity to lead us to promotion next season. Keep going Andy and Darren, you can do it!

4WF, I didn't answer your question, as I have no proof that the statement is true regarding players joining us. I'll give an answer once we have some fact. I also don't get all this ' people genuinely dislike AL ' sentiment, I go to a lot of games and I've heard very little discontent directed at Andy. Yes, the support moan and groan collectively at the players and staff if we're playing badly but at which club do supporters not do that ? Supporters did it when BQ was here and we'd never had it so good then ! On the other hand, Andy took the plaudits for the FA cup run and the result against Dulwich, it goes both ways. Andy needs a better second half of the season and it's up to him to make that happen whether it be by bringing in different players or changing his tactics. He's now had long enough to suss out the league and to see if his players are up to it. It's now time for him to show us if he is the right manager for us.

Disliking someone is one thing. Not liking their tactics and team selection is entirely different. Yes, we will again be told that we should get behind AL, back the boys, be the 12th man, etc. However, if the product on show is not delivering the goods, then people have every right to voice their opinions. This doesn't mean to say they are trouble makers. No, they are passionate about the club. You show me one club where people don't constructively moan!

Ever since we started with Jim at the helm, players and managers have come and gone and it's the same for every other club. The budget always plays a large part in a club's development. However, it can also hold a club back. We have to be realistic in that the players we have appear to be the players we can afford.

So, what do we do? Support the team. Voice our opinions. Pick the team at 4.55pm for a 3.00pm(I'm good at that) and keep going with the banter on this forum. We all want the same thing and that is for the team to play better than they are doing now. If they can't, then that's when the management team need to do something about it.

ST I wasn't having a go at you rather qualifying my comments on whether it is a fact or not. Only this can come from the top but if it is true then the question WHY has to be raised. As to your other points I am in agreement with you especially as to AL part in showing the supporters if he is the right man or not.

I also think that Andy's previous observations are spot on and I totally endorse them, especially his final paragraph

I now await to see what happens this Saturday. One has to be prepared for an up and down ride for the rest of the season, although it is still not to late for a few changes to prove me wrong.

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

In the interviews I have seen/heard with Andy Leese, I think he has come across as honest and knowledgeable. He said that he would have a team that would work hard for each other, be difficult to beat and be competitive. We are the first 2; the third has been hit and miss. The quality of football hasn't been what I'd hoped for, but I still think we have the nucleus of a decent team.

It could be argued that the manager has been too loyal to certain players, so it will be interesting to see how many changes he decides to make over the rest of the season. Our midfield is solid, so I don't expect much change there. But I'll be a little disappointed if some of those outside the starting 11 are not given their chance, by the time I am next back home in mid-Feb. Or possibly some new faces.

Unless we have a really poor run of results, I don't see us being sucked into a relegation dogfight - especially with only 1 team going down (I think). This was always going to be a rebuilding year. I certainly don't envisage, or want, another change of manager.

Edited by Benjrider10