Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Enfield v Merstham

Castorman

Thanks ST, yes I have hope that all will be well but I have accepted it might just take a while. Hope to return before the season ends to see how things turn out.

I hope the AGM goes well and that those who are seeking answers to our predicament get clear responses and are not just placated with a pat on the head and with "trust us everything will be alright". 

Final point to my friend THeo, I agree about Tayshin. But I doubt that he fully meets AL playing criteria. AS you said yourself, " his lively, young and talented". 

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

To be honest 4WF even though I have supported the manager my faith certainly isn't unswerving.... I have backed him because I think he has done a good job up to now but to keep my support he has to now build for improvement next season but the failure to sign Taysh when he was clearly available to us is not what I wanted to see.. BIG BIG mistake Andy......

Agree with the above comments. Funnily enough 4wembleyfinals, I was at Spec Savers this week, glasses updated!:) and so I saw the same game you did. I wish you well:)

I am oleased AL has signed 2 defenders this week, and that Dan played in position etc, and as long as he keeps making drastic changes or taking some risks, I will stay supportive. However, of course, today was not good enough. I feel like I’m always repeating myself and I’m trying really hard not to again. I did read Steph’s post and agree with the comments about AL being to loyal with our older players. I’m no manager but we have a game on Tuesday, what would u all do? I’d take a punt and have the first 11 consist of younger players and change the tactics as the game progressed, not just leaving it and hoping for the best.

I believe in having strength in experienced players, but we also need to be building a future, and quickly by the looks of it.

I just hope the board encourage and support AL to take a risk and make more changes on Tuesday, He needs to actively keep changing things until he gets it right.

Edited by Castorman

I would be inclined to agree with other comments. A very negative performance after a promising start, summed up as already stated by a very poor body language from the manager.

Good to see Samir back and good to have a natural left sided player although he looked a little rusty.

Why no Kirby?

Dan Rumens had a good game and as stated good to see him in the middle.

Their midfield were much more technical than ours, passing round well and with us only playing 1 up front Liam was very distant from the midfield, although he battled well.

On the Tayshan debate, I’m not sure he’d be a suitable signing. He wasn’t too successful in his time with us before and according to BQ his attitude often let him down. Although having said that, a tricky winger is something we could do with, something Merstham had.

So many views are that Enfield don't have the pace and flare of other teams.

I listened to today's game and it brought back memories of the Steve Newing reign just before he went the last time. The 1st team were failing and the U21's winning everything under Barry Bolton, but those players weren't brought into the 1st team. The same happens today! Young players who have the drive to want to do well are out on loan and achieving at other clubs, while Enfield lose games or just hold a draw. 

I don't understand why young players aren't given the chance at Enfield like they seem to be elsewhere?  If the 1st team aren't performing put them out on loan and take a chance, it can't be any worse!  I agree with the comment about building a team for the future. 

Bradley Quinton turned Enfield around because he was a younger manager and in touch with the game of today. Merstham came back today because they are a young side and have stamina and drive, something Enfield seem to be lacking!

The commentators today said Enfield hadn't come out of the changing room for the second half. Is that good enough?

Why do we continue to sit back and defend (woefully) against teams we should be beating comfortably? Our substitutions again hindered rather than helped.

Credit to Merstham - after a poor first half when we looked comfortable, their Manager changed things at half time and they played good attacking, passing football in the second half and should have won the game (and would have but for Joe Wright yet again).

Whatever happens off the pitch, Tayshan is a class act on it.

On another subject, does anybody know why the Bognor/Leyton Orient FA Trophy game yesterday went to extra time - the other draws all look to have gone to replays?

[On another subject, does anybody know why the Bognor/Leyton Orient FA Trophy game yesterday went to extra time - the other draws all look to have gone to replays?

I went to see this match yesterday afternoon, as I couldn't get up for the Town game, and it was a cracking cup-tie. andyefc is absolutely right with his reply. The Bognor programme confirmed "Both clubs have agreed that today's match will be settled on the day if it is drawn after 90 minutes. Extra time and penalties will decide the outcome if we get to that stage".

Looking forward to the AGM on Thursday evening. See you there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElW8mpTsUHE

Painful viewing

Yes their RW was their most dangerous player, just a pity our style of play......ALWAYS seems to invite teams on when we go ahead.   

Where to start with that performance.......shouldn't really be giving up 2 goal leads should we but seems we can't finish games off! 

Frustrating to say the least.