Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Ash Trees 1 OD's 3

Swifty

We deserved a draw but squandered a point by conceding two late goals.

In front of a horribly low crowd (I counted 59 spectators ten minutes into the game), we showed too much respect early on to our visitors, complete with man mountain Ryan Frater at number 4, and they went in at half time a goal ahead (and I'd say deservedly so) when a defensive mistake in the 37th minute saw Tyler block a shot on the edge of the box but the rebound fell kindly for their forward to lay off a square ball to Bernie Christie to tap in.

We were much better in the second half and had AFCD rattled at times - sadly the ref was lenient and allowed a skilful and uunphysical yet tetchy AFCD to get away with too many fouls - and equalised in the 64th when the returning Max Herbert unleashed an unstoppable angled shot from close to 25 yards out into the far corner. Unfortunately, against the run of play at this stage, Jermain Hall headed home in the 82nd and gave the score a very skewed look when a free kick wasn't cleared and he reacted first to slam it low and in one minute from full time.

You couldn't fault the lads, especially after the second half performance - just some fine tuning and a bit more pressure on the 'oppo' and we''l be back in our stride.

I forgot to say, either AFC Dunstable have discipline problems or their manager's very good at pre-empting problems. Interesting to see OD's manager subbed two players (one being their moany captain) straight after they were booked and another a minute after he should have been carded for deliberate time wasting. OD's captain was a whinger who added little to the game. Their colossus at number 4 was imposing and encouraging throughout and more deserving of the armband.

Archived