Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

enfield town v tonbridge angels

give us an e

Think AL is used to sticky situations having managed previously in the Evo-Stick League.

Trying to remember who was manager of Chesham Utd back in October 2015 when they beat a full strength Enfield Town side 2-1 in the FA Cup final qualifying round, managed by our good old friend Bradley Quinton? Think we also suffered an embarrassing cup defeat, against another lowly Evo-Stick side, at sleepy Kings Langley.

Did Brad win us promotion, or any silverware, during his time as manager?

Think AL is used to sticky situations having managed previously in the Evo-Stick League.

Trying to remember who was manager of Chesham Utd back in October 2015 when they beat a full strength Enfield Town side 2-1 in the FA Cup final qualifying round, managed by our good old friend Bradley Quinton? Think we also suffered an embarrassing cup defeat, against another lowly Evo-Stick side, at sleepy Kings Langley.

Good old friend!

No, but to be fair, on the whole he provided good quality attacking football that excited the fans. and his teams challanged for the play-off places every season in his time with us.

Chesham finished 11th in the league the season they beat us. And 11th and 12th the seasons either side.(with a nucleus of the squad we have now).So no surprise we are currently also in that position in the league.

Enfield Town finished 6th that season and 4th the season after.With Bradley being 4th this year with his new club.

No, but to be fair, on the whole he provided good quality attacking football that excited the fans. and his teams challanged for the play-off places every season in his time with us.

Chesham finished 11th in the league the season they beat us. And 11th and 12th the seasons either side.(with a nucleus of the squad we have now).So no surprise we are currently also in that position in the league.

Enfield Town finished 6th that season and 4th the season after.With Bradley being 4th this year with his new club.

One of the problems that Andy had that year and the year after was the cup runs. We ended up being 7/8 games behind everyone else at Xmas both seasons.

Previous seasons our record was nearly always top 6 with no cup runs. Very difficult to get both in the same season at this level in either league without a large squad (read budget??) or big crowds (Hereford)

So far as the Town were concerned it was probably one of the worst performances Ihave seen by a side representing Enfield in many a year. Yes we only lost I-0 but it was haw we lost. The only player who can hold his head up is Kirby. What ever spin some mayput on it the team played as a bunch of strangers, they appeared to have no game planother than to hit long balls into a tall defence, very few passes met their target and so on...I don't feel inclined to mention any player because if you were at the game youwill have your own views. Nor do I exclude the management or coachingstaff from my observations because they should by now, knowing the capability ofeach player in the side, have come up with a new plan as to how best they shouldplay. It is now post-Corey and to play as if he is still there with long balls for him to chase and makes something out of nothing is no longer on.I am afraid it's going to be a hard winter!!!

As to whether or not it was a goal means nothing as it was given. The truth is that werode our luck and we got away with it. Give thanks for small mercies.I also think thatour opponents contributed to their loss of 2 more points trying to slow the game downmuch too early. But that's their own fault.However, yesterdays draw once again only papered over our cracks as we seemed to have no sense of a game plan other than to stay deep and hit long balls up Harry O to lay off.There is nothing wrong with this strategy, if it is applied correctly, but should be used only when he has support around him. Unfortunately too often it happens when he iscompletely isolated and gets gobbled up by the oppositions defence.Also, why do we always play so narrow. It was not until the last ten minutes that weopened up our game and let our fast runners have license to run wide. It has worked on a number of occasions but seems to be only done as a last resort.I probably expect too much and with that said, I look forward to two wins in the comingweek, what ever happens I will still be there, with hope and expectation!!!

I was forgetting how brilliantly we played last season under Brad.

Short memories some people.

First comment v Wingate 2nd Tonbridge last year.

Our memories are good.So we know how many bad games and good games there were under Brad.What the technical ability of the players were.All we want is for the squad that Andy has assembled to be competitive (or show any signs we can be competitive next season).To play football that is in any way positive,committed or worth paying £11 a time to watch.We don't expect miracles in his first season.We are realists.The points we have picked up so far are not a disaster.Its the quality of play and the mindset that is worrying.If it showed any sign of improving (even slightly) then i'm sure the fans would get right behind any momentum.However small it may be.