Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

AGM ?

lovely stuff

Difficult to answer. The management clearly have the ambition and drive to achieve results. They realise that the team is not up to the standard that they want. They brought up Kingstonian and Folkestone before I could raise it and they did not want to talk about their actions at Royston. Obviously they brought up the predicament at the club when they arrived and I consider that they did a good job at that time.

They have approached various players to come to the club and they are hopeful that they will be able to strengthen the team today.

The management scored themselves 6 out of 10 in terms of performance to date. I think that is a little high but we will see at the end of the season.

A worrying thing is that the money from the FA Cup run was required in order to meet the budget and did not give us any extra bunce to put into the team. The board members have put their own money into the club, some as a loan but others have gifted the money.

Questions were raised at who we would be playing next season with the reorganisatiion and the board could not answer as the reorganisation is clearly in flux and the aim is to establish a new midland division. As such we are on the "cusp" of being in that midland division or with the south as we are on the borders of the new league. It depends on promotions and relegations from the existing league.  If we have to go into the midland division it will mean more travelling (as a selfish aside a midland division is likely to be better for me as I envisage clubs like Kings Langley, Hemel, Hitchin and St Albans are likely to be in it) but for most clubs with the formation of a new league there is likely to be less travelling.

It is clear that we have the present management till the end of the season and beyond so this year will end up as a building exercise. There was a Tayshan fan club present but I am not a member of that club and neither, it seems, are the majority of members present.

At the end there was a vote of thanks for the board and management.

Seems like a constructive but not overly dynamic meeting.

Mentioning Tayshan brings me to the point i would have raised if i could have made the meeting.

Ie..Andy and his team have little experience of the players in this league or the quality of ex-Town players.Which is to be expected.I think it would have been beneficial this season if he would have had someone on the board to advise him(tip him off) to the merits of some of our ex-players.I say this because at least 5 or 6 ex-Town players have become available to sign this season who would have greatly improved the quality of the squad.Players such as Vilcu/Ellul/Siva/Tayshan.etc.

Thanks for the detailed update Steph ..

- who was voted onto the board and were the number of votes published?

I am surprised at the financial situation .. and was motion 4 passed regarding income from betting companies - I have mixed views here ...

LS absolutely agree that others can and should be able to assist in advising on players, especially ex towners - with YouTube, tifosy etc making it fairly easy for them to look into

From our members bulletin

AGM

Last night's AGM was attended by over 80 members and a full report will be circulated next week. Those who attended were given a briefing on the club's activities and finances, and enjoyed a lively and informative Q and A session with Andy and Darren.

Board Elections

Ken Brazier and Steve Read were re-elected on to the Board and they will be joined by new board members Christine Hamilton and Ram Ismail. We had 8 quality candidates standing for the 4 available places and the unsuccessful candidates have been invited to participate in the work of the Board through the associate Board Members initiative. Thanks to Dean Vale, who stood down from the Board for his contribution over the last 6 years.

Enfield Town Supporters Society Membership

Membership continues to grow and we now have 332 members.

Andy seemed to contradict himself over incoming players.... he kept saying he wants to bring in the right type of player that will be around next season but brings in Benyon on a pointless months loan ...Samir likewise... Calver went after hardly playing ... Roberts has gone... Haag plus others ... and gets in Liam hope ... Hardly planing for the future..... Also he insisted that he doesn't tell the players to drop deep when we are in front so they all must obviously ignore him every single time....

Agree with you Lovely Stuff on getting advice on incoming players.... Any player that could improve the team must be better than than continually bringing in then releasing them coz they are not up to it..... Also gobsmacked that some people at the meeting did not wish to see Tayshan in an Enfield shirt ?.... I can only think they are so happy with what they see every week they feel there is no need for such talent.... I hope those people are not the ones that moan on here about how slow and bad we are....

Well done to everyone who attended last night's AGM. PocketRocket summarises it very well, and I am sure members will agree it was a very enjoyable, lively, well-organised event, ably chaired by Paul Reed, which provided a very positive insight into the ongoing activities and initiatives being taken by the Board, over the past twelve months, plus an explanation and update on Club finances from Geoff Lee.

Encouraging to see that Membership continues to grow, and that the Board Elections resulted in Ken Brazier and Steve Read deservedly being re-elected, along with two new Board members, Ram Ismail and our first ever lady member Christine Hamilton. They will undoubtedly raise the profile of our Club in the local catchment area, and strengthen The Board, as our Club moves forward.

The eagerly awaited session with Andy Leese and Darren Purse lived up to expectation, with a range of questions asked from the floor, and some open, honest answers provided, which were generally well received.

First of all thanks to those who have given us into an insight of what happened and what was discussed at yesterday's AGM.

I have just a few thoughts and would appreciate if anyone is in the position to deal with them. It is not stated whether the Income and Expenditure Account of the club was reviewed. Although the question of Budget was. If I recall the question of AL being unable to work within Budget restraints was brought up by a Cheshum correspondent last summer. From what I read this seems to have been glossed over at the meeting. Please correct me if my understanding is wrong.

I am sure that recommendations regarding players would be helpful but one would expect that scouts are already in place. Was this mentioned at the meeting and if so was who are they and what is their brief. I do hope that it is not solely in the hands of AL.

Once again thanks to those who have made their observations of the proceedings known.

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

There’s no point in anyone other than the management team, having any input into what players are available and would be useful to have at the club. We employ a manager to bring in players he feels would benefit the team and fit in with his philosophy. It is not possible, sensible or practical for supporters, the board or the bottlewashers to have any influence and they are rightly ignored.

The debate about Tayshan et .al. Is one for entertainment amongst fans and only that. The manager must to have the say over the players he signs and has to be judged on his decisions. No team selected by commiittee has been successful as fas as I know. I remember an experiment by Ebbsfleet - that didn’t work did it.

Leave the manager to make footballing decisions, he knows more than most of us put together. We can all have our own opinions for fun, he is responsible and will succeed or fail. Then the Board has to make decisions, if we dont like these decisions the members can the make their decisions etc... Managing by democracy isn’t an option.

Edited by MTHead