Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

season petering out

give us an e

well with 18 league games to go and a q final velocity to come, whats your views on the rest of the season, for me its about finishing well for nxt season, would be nice to reach a final but it wont be easy, its been a bit down at the club lately, and would be nice to see some entertaining football, heres hoping, get behind the club, ETFC

I would like us to finish a few places higher than we are now, maybe 7th? With all the challenges this season has thrown at us, I think that would be more than acceptable. I accept that although not impossible, play offs are unlikely. To win the cup would obviously be my choice, however, realistically semi-finals?

Then we look to next season. I was interested to hear that AL arranged a friendly against Cheshunt (who apparently had some good players, their goalie was on form) on Tuesday night. The regulars were rested and most of the team was made up of our youngsters and I believe a couple of trialists along with John K, Steve Wales (I think, don’t hold me to that). We held them to a 0-0 draw. I take this as a positive as I assume this exercise was to give players minutes, and more importantly, to start thinking about next season and our future by looking at players and seeing possible potential to build upon.

Lastly, of course, I would love to see some exciting football for the last 18 games, and would hope my prediction of 7th and semi’s to be completely wrong, playoffs and cup winners would be much more preferable!

I want to see entertaining football where the team passes to feet and has a system with wingers who are able to take men on and beat them.

If that happens I dont much care where we finish but if that does happen it is likely that we will finish higher than we are now; that is top half.

Play offs look completely out of reach now in my view, so agree with the above - be good to see us trying new players, looking to play the "Enfield" way.

Met Police QF is a biggie next week - hope the fans turn out in numbers - 3 games from a trophy !

I really can't see any change in style of play or pace of game with the squad we have now ... it's strange that members on here have been so vocal about our poor performances kept so quiet at the AGM.... Andys transfer policy needs to be explained... he talks long term then acts short term.... no one since Greene has had any impact whatsoever... and most have left...

Theo I fully understand your concerns and disappointment, but there was quite a long Q&A session with Andy and Darren at the AGM, when quite a number of issues were discussed in a civilised way, but it was neither the time nor the place for prolonged heated discussions about our performances, transfer policy, etc.

Steph is right, we all want to see entertaining football and improved results. Tomorrow we play a team in the bottom four, who have only won once in their last twelve league matches. We drew with them away 2-2 back in September, and will, hopefully, with everyones support, chalk up a home win tomorrow.

LH ,if an AGM is " neither the time or place for heated discussion etc........." then when is the right time? 

I would suggest you go to any Plc's AGM,as an observer, and see how the various factions behave. You should hear the mood of an MCC members at their meetings. It makes Parliament seem like a kindergarten. 

It is the once a year moment that members can air their grievances. Deny them this then you have an autocracy instead, as we believe, a club based on democracy. I know that supporters and members can be seen by some as an irritation but take them away and you have no club. 

So one should never request a fellow member to desist from asking questions to which he requires an answer. Also never be afraid to pursue a question if not answered to your satisfaction. 

"it's strange that members on here have been so vocal about our poor performances kept so quiet at the AGM"

This is a really interesting comment in terms of the slant given to the team's performance on this forum and the views held by the majority of members and fans. I think a more astute interpretation of members' views would be that that they simply don't agree with your negativity. I know that there are a few posters here who are pretty much unrelentingly negative (and I think that that would explain why fewer fans leave messages here these days - they're just fed up with that negativity and back-biting) but i think you should have realised by now that most fans don't think like you. By all means fester in your own little negativity basket - go ahead and enjoy being miserable. Most people realise that things aren't as bad as you want to paint them to be.

Don't think the last post is quite fair.Yes 4WF is on one side of the scale in what is a wide and balanced range of views on this forum.But his viewpoint is just as valid as any other supporter and maybe even more so as quite a few of his predictions and observations have seemingly proved to be correct.

In fact the mood on this forum is generally more positive than among the fans in the stadium.Maybe because half the contributors on here currently seem to be members who joined around the time Andy became manager. <_< At the last home league game the mood behind the goal was very negative/sarcastic.Gallows humour was very much at the fore.

Regarding the management not getting a hard time at the agm.It was probably three fold. 1. We recognize that Andy and his staff had a difficult task taking over a club with no playing staff..2.The fact that Andy made a good speech explaining that things have not been good enough so far and that he is working hard and is confident of turning things around. 3.The fans as a whole are polite and respectful and its not their way to shout,get angry or be confrontational.

But do not take the fact the the management were not given a harder time at the agm,as a sign that the fans are happy about the standard of the current squad or the playing style this season.

At the AGM Andy forestalled most of the comments I would have made by bringing up Folkestone and Kingstonian in his preamble and stating that he was not satisfied with those performances. He refused to answer the point I have made on this thread about his antics at Royston and, I suspect, there is either some history there or he has been called to book by the board.

BTG... I have no doubt been one of the managements biggest supporters on here over the first half of the season.... a job well done ... but seeing as we have a limited budget according to th AGM our transfer policy has to be right

and at the moment it is an absolute shambles with players coming and going after not even being given a chance.... that is my main concern...Better players should be installed in the club by now

On the subject of budgets, its being reported in the press today that Chester need £50k to avoid going out of business and that the club costs £85k to £90k PER MONTH to run. Reported player salaries are £450kpa - that's just 2 leagues (and a million miles!) away from us.

I also noticed recently that Braintree, just 1 league above us, charge a standard entry fee of £14 - I thought that a bit steep but might explain how they were able to attract so many players from us.  

Thank you LS for your comments.  It is strange that certain people continue to use the word " Negative" to describe views that don't agree with their own. I would rather use the word "objectivity". I am very open to any rational suggestion which would change my thinking. But not based on well worn out cliches and fingers crossed philosophy. I would have soon 

been shown the door in my profession.

If being negative is to tell people what they don't want to hear then I am sorry but you can't always give the answers they want and be true to your own beliefs.

I am still awaiting to hear my accusers come up with views which are hard to argue against. That way we will perhaps get to the bottom as to what needs putting right.

Now for a win and I don't care how it's achieved!!!!!!

Archived