Fans Focus - Non League football clubs
Sign in to follow this  
seemgee

Thurrock v Enfield Town

Team

Nolan, Parcell, Bihmoutine, Mitchel-King, McKenzie, Rumens, Blackman (Cpt), Martin, Wadkins, Blake, Campbell

Subs

Noto, Hope, Thomas, Kyriacou, Youngs

It’s not working, so will it be changed? This game highlights how much we rely on Joe. Not taking anything away from young Nolan, not his fault, it’s the same old issue, if defensively we were do our job, we wouldn’t be in this position.

Youngs on for Blake and Hope on for Campbell

Result Town go down 3-1

A miserable Saturday made worse by a few teams below us winning, I am looking over my shoulder now. Burgess Hill on the 13th very significant 

When you leave your best player on the bench you leave yourself open to criticism but sometimes the players have to take responsibility... the defending for two of the goals was pathetic... how can you allow Bridget the midget to get a free header in with three six foot plus defenders watching...

I'm boring myself coming on here and saying that we were rubbish today but we were rubbish today. This manager needs to knock it on the head or the board have to relieve him of his duties. Good support from Town considering how dire we are at the moment and backed the players for the full 90 minutes. Interesting to see George Borg behind the goal with us. Make of that what you will !

Edit to add, Raingod, the rumour at the game was that Kirbs has left the club.

Edited by SeasideTowner

(Removed by moderator - Easy tiger!)

He is clueless,playing Tyler at centre forward has he ever seen tyler play ffs.

He has no plan A.

He has had 36 games and now the board has to act.

The support was good but its dwindling significantly.

Edited by Father Jack

What a strange day ...

If Kirbs has left then a terrible day for the club - his appearances this season coincided with a brief return to form around Xmas. Liam scores when he plays yet cannot seem to get a starting position .. and Mickey did not appear happy on Tues night. I don't get why any of them have not been starting all the time (or maybe I'm blinded by the fact that they are 3 stalwarts of our club?)

Joe Ellul plays for MALDON today in the division below us .. Surely there has to be a chance of him joining us?

We are BOTTOM of the FORM table with 2 pts from 6 (the other team with us on 2pts being Lowestoft who we face Tues).

George Borg at the game today - my fave manager in my 30 years as a supporter ! I do not support a managerial change at this stage of the season - but like others concerned about the form . .. dont get why Sam Youngs not starting when has been one of our best players in recent weeks ...?

This is becoming more and more embarrassing to watch.

We missed Joe Wright today although the young lad Nolan had little protection from our defence which quite frankly is far to immobile to be solid and effective in this league. AL seems reluctant to accept it though.

We lack any quality on the flanks and the midfield and forwards were bullied all over the pitch, no more so than by Ujah who never played to the same level in a town shirt!

At least the substitutions made a difference in Youngs & Hope, although they should have been on the pitch from the outset.

Where was Kirby? Has it been confirmed he’s left the club? How is he not getting in this team?

There seems a real lack of togetherness at the moment between supporters, players and management. Not good.

Only 3 teams in the league with more Away losses than us......makes interesting viewing doesnt it.   Guess last week they probably count those with ST as automatically attending......appears people will find better things to do with their money/time when it comes down to it.

Realise a few new additions have been made but if Kirby has gone.....and I'm not completely sure what a frog face/hot beverage mean on twitter.....however if he's fit/healthy and not playing then must be alot wrong!!

If things continue as they have done........then fear alot less will be walking into the QE.

L L D L D......add in L today too.   Gulp

You simply cannot blame what has been a largely lacklustre season (FA Cup excepted,) on the fact that 'the whole squad left'. As I understood it, AL and DP were brought into the club off the back of promises that they had enough contacts within the game to assemble a strong side on the budget available. They have failed to attract players of sufficient quality. Why will that change between now and the beginning of next season? The alternative is that the players actually are good enough, but the coaching is lacking.

We are now beginning to look nervously at the sides below us in the table. I'm concerned that we may once again be asking Mr. Borg to perform a rescue mission with 10 games remaining - and there's only 1 team going down this year!!!!

Does anyone know how AL and DP propose to turn things around both this season and next?

I still feel the fans are supporting the players as was seen at the end of the game.

But imo the comments by the manager at the end blaming the players for not bringing what they practice in training into the game is poor.

The buck stops with him end of.

Start playing players in there correct positions would be a start.