Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Thurrock v Enfield Town

seemgee

What a strange day ...

If Kirbs has left then a terrible day for the club - his appearances this season coincided with a brief return to form around Xmas. Liam scores when he plays yet cannot seem to get a starting position .. and Mickey did not appear happy on Tues night. I don't get why any of them have not been starting all the time (or maybe I'm blinded by the fact that they are 3 stalwarts of our club?)

Joe Ellul plays for MALDON today in the division below us .. Surely there has to be a chance of him joining us?

We are BOTTOM of the FORM table with 2 pts from 6 (the other team with us on 2pts being Lowestoft who we face Tues).

George Borg at the game today - my fave manager in my 30 years as a supporter ! I do not support a managerial change at this stage of the season - but like others concerned about the form . .. dont get why Sam Youngs not starting when has been one of our best players in recent weeks ...?

This is becoming more and more embarrassing to watch.

We missed Joe Wright today although the young lad Nolan had little protection from our defence which quite frankly is far to immobile to be solid and effective in this league. AL seems reluctant to accept it though.

We lack any quality on the flanks and the midfield and forwards were bullied all over the pitch, no more so than by Ujah who never played to the same level in a town shirt!

At least the substitutions made a difference in Youngs & Hope, although they should have been on the pitch from the outset.

Where was Kirby? Has it been confirmed he’s left the club? How is he not getting in this team?

There seems a real lack of togetherness at the moment between supporters, players and management. Not good.

Only 3 teams in the league with more Away losses than us......makes interesting viewing doesnt it.   Guess last week they probably count those with ST as automatically attending......appears people will find better things to do with their money/time when it comes down to it.

Realise a few new additions have been made but if Kirby has gone.....and I'm not completely sure what a frog face/hot beverage mean on twitter.....however if he's fit/healthy and not playing then must be alot wrong!!

If things continue as they have done........then fear alot less will be walking into the QE.

L L D L D......add in L today too.   Gulp

You simply cannot blame what has been a largely lacklustre season (FA Cup excepted,) on the fact that 'the whole squad left'. As I understood it, AL and DP were brought into the club off the back of promises that they had enough contacts within the game to assemble a strong side on the budget available. They have failed to attract players of sufficient quality. Why will that change between now and the beginning of next season? The alternative is that the players actually are good enough, but the coaching is lacking.

We are now beginning to look nervously at the sides below us in the table. I'm concerned that we may once again be asking Mr. Borg to perform a rescue mission with 10 games remaining - and there's only 1 team going down this year!!!!

Does anyone know how AL and DP propose to turn things around both this season and next?

I still feel the fans are supporting the players as was seen at the end of the game.

But imo the comments by the manager at the end blaming the players for not bringing what they practice in training into the game is poor.

The buck stops with him end of.

Start playing players in there correct positions would be a start.

Having read to days comments I feel sad that so many ardent supporters are starting to feel so let down by what they see happening at the club.

It has been a turbulent time from a playing perspective right from the beginning of the season.

Any one who took on what was left of the playing staff after BQ departed and recreate a team all over again had to be some one special. It is no secrets what I thought of the board's choice could have been better and my reasons are well documented.

Many members disagreed with me but as the weeks have unfolded I have come to respect the reasons for their alternative views, in that their loyalty demanded that they be patient and give the management time to sort things out.

With many it seems that time is now up and I believe that they also deserve the respect of the Board and the Manger and be told what action is being taken to rectify what is happening before their eyes. They need answers not placation.  

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

For me personally, the 21st minute against Needham was a watershed moment (hence that thread) and I promised myself that I wouldn't post any more messages this season simply because I thought I had nothing more to say, but today proved me wrong. If it's true that Mark has gone, then I think something fundamental has happened. And not in a good way. I know some (most?) of you on this forum have been supporters for much longer than me. I only started supporting the club when they moved to Donkey Lane and I was there that season when we won promotion (that semi-final! Jeez!). My earliest memories of Enfield were of Mark and Liam and Jey and Gunz and so on. The first two especially were heros. They did their jobs on the pitch and they chatted in the bar afterwards. They signed programmes for my boys and cemented my love for ETFC. I loved it, absolutely loved it (cue Kevin Keegan impersonations) where Mark, and then Liam came back. Mickey was the player who proved himself worthy of joining them as real ETFC players.

How can it be that these players have been treated so badly?

Those of you who have been kind enough to read some of my posts will know I like my statistics. But, even I know that the heart rules. It makes me sad when the heart of ETFC is given such short shrift by AL.

Firstly, I agree with you completely CC. Joe Wright has been outstanding and has gained us many a point.

Secondly, Theo, if I said before Christmas that we would be agreeing with one another well before the seasons ends you would have thought we had both gone stark raving mad.

It proves that we both want what's best for the club and the supporters. Even if we have reached it by different routes. For me to be content I want at least another six wins. That is the minimum it will take for me to relax and look forward to next season . Plans for which  should now be well in place to avoid another fiasco.  

Finally, Behind-t goal, over the years we have many ups and downs but I have never known such indifference to the members/supporters views. Even when owned by sole owners.  I still think, however, we will come out of it so long as everyone lives up to the Ethos of being a Supporters Owned Club and remember that it is the Members/Supporters who still have the final say.

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

The annoying thing is 4WF the last two defeats have come with a new line up with four signings most supporters would have been very happy with....Tyler Samir Brad and Matt are all individually good players but Andy just can't get the team to gel .... you add Micky Sam Ryan and joe wright it isn't a bad looking team now....

Firstly, I agree with you completely CC. Joe Wright has been outstanding and has gained us many a point.

Secondly, Theo, if I said before Christmas that we would be agreeing with one another well before the seasons ends you would have thought we had both gone stark raving mad.

It proves that we both want what's best for the club and the supporters. Even if we have reached it by different routes. For me to be content I want at least another six wins. That is the minimum it will take for me to relax and look forward to next season . Plans for which  should now be well in place to avoid another fiasco.  

Finally, Behind-t goal, over the years we have many ups and downs but I have never known such indifference to the members/supporters views. Even when owned by sole owners.  I still think, however, we will come out of it so long as everyone lives up to the Ethos of being a Supporters Owned Club and remember that it is the Members/Supporters who still have the final say.

Plans should be in place for next season? It appears that we don't have a plan for this season.

One of the things missing yesterday was a lack of "muscle" in midfield and attack. I am not criticising Blackman in that as he clearly took one for the team in the second half and seems to be a good skipper, took his responsibility well, but there was no protection from the ref of Blake who was regularly getting bundled of the ball by Ujah and nobody took responsibility to stand on him (Ujah) and Blake did not have the experience to find space to get away from Ujah.

My recollection of Ujah is that you make him run you will find that you get the space you crave.That means you run even when you do not have the ball.

Also what does Liam have to do to be first choice at ko? Seems that the manager has something against former Town players. It has been recorded, on here, that he scored the goal yesterday. I don't know about that but he made the pass which led to the cross and throughout his brief time on the pitch he demonstrated the control and VISION which is lacking from many of the other players.

If Borg was at the game yesterday then I would gladly have him back even as caretaker as we look around for next season.

A team that goes backward from early season form should not be tolerated by the owners.

My point exactly Andy, we never seem to plan ahead to safeguard our main revenue asset, the TEAM.

I have raised this point on numerous occasions over several years just to be told that " it can't be done in non-league football" and that " I have no grasp of economics "etc.... All the usual dismissals you hear quoted by many MPs. I wonder what ever happens to them?? 

Theo, you have hit the nail on the head, it seems that AL believes implicitly in his playing tactics but is unable to recognise the players capable of delivering it. I said some while ago his arrogance is his " Achilles Heel". It is a pity it has taken some so long to see this. 

I believe that  Steph1 last sentence sums up my my view quite adequately, bearing in mind that every fully paid up member is an owner, even if they have passed their proxy to the board. 

You may be glad to hear that the next few weeks I will probably be off "AIR"  but will try to keep up with whats going on. 

At the moment ,any win is a good win in my eyes, but don't let them stop you seeing the wood from the trees.

Edited by 4wembleyfinals