Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

managers

big guy

managers who's the best  ??? from day one to yesterday league only

P    W   D  L 

Jim Chandler         237 146  46  45

Stewart Margolis   42  17    7   18

Steve Newing       182   87  33  62

Bryan and Peter Hammatt  2 0  0  2

George Borg           34 11 10  13

Bradley Quinton  133 68  24   41

Andy Leese            30 9  9 120

without manager      9 3  3

An interesting query BG and virtually difficult to give an answer to based on the statistics 

you have provided.Too many different criteria, ie managers in different leagues, what were their budgets, teams played when they were in charge etc. 

Those whose critiria could stand some scrutiny , would GB , BH and AL. being that they have the most in common. 

Of those BQ has the high ratio of points gained from games played. Next BQ, but only marginally over that of AL.

But as I have said just applying maths is really meaningless. It comes down more to human relationships. Who was best liked as a person, what did he bring to the club and to the supporters. The answer to these questions can only be made on each individuals judgement.

So as we all see different thing in an individual your going to come up with many different answer. Good question though and stimulates the brain. 

Here's my perspective in terms of how friendly/accessible the managers I've known have been:

Brad: 10/10 (very friendly and accessible. Always had time to talk to my boys, sign programmes, have photos taken etc. ).

Steve Newing (8/10). Almost as good as Brad, but not quite.

The Hammetts: 5/10. Fine people but not around long enough and under too much stress.

George Borg: 6/10. Available to talk to. A maverick!!!

Andy Leese: 0/10: Invisible.

Andy Leese: 0/10. Who

Imo the club is at a crossroads at the moment the manager does not endure himself to the fans and the board shy away from any criticism of the man they employed.

Proved on Sat when some fans vented there frustrations at the manager and the chaiman and a couple of his boards response was simply to move away from the fans in the second half and distance themselves further from the fans.

Currently we have 3 factions at our club.

Manager Board fans.

We appear to be miles apart right now but there is one man who can restore harmony and get the fans buzzing again.

George Borg.

I agree with an earlier post on another thread by Theo. With the recent additions to the squad, we now have a decent set of players. Why they aren't gelling I have no idea, but I do think that they will - and soon.

From what I read (I am thousands of miles away, but flying back soon), there's no confidence. It's the manager's job to make the players gel and play with confidence, but all this speculation doesn't help.

And I don't blame the chairman and/or fellow board members from stepping away, if there was "healthy debate" between the manager and some fans at the last game. I would be disappointed if they didn't (step away).

I'm looking forward to seeing the game on Saturday. My win-draw-loss record for games I've seen this season has been pretty decent (hope that doesn't put the mockers on it .....)

• 3 weeks later...

managers who's the best  ??? from day one to yesterday league only

P    W   D  L 

Jim Chandler         237 146  46  45

Stewart Margolis   42  17    7   18

Steve Newing       182   87  33  62

Bryan and Peter Hammatt  2 0  0  2

George Borg           34 11 10  13

Bradley Quinton  133 68  24   41

Andy Leese            30 9  9 120

without manager      9 3  3

Andy Leese lost 120 ??  Lol .....If only  :lol:

Here's my perspective in terms of how friendly/accessible the managers I've known have been:

Brad: 10/10 (very friendly and accessible. Always had time to talk to my boys, sign programmes, have photos taken etc. ).

Steve Newing (8/10). Almost as good as Brad, but not quite.

The Hammetts: 5/10. Fine people but not around long enough and under too much stress.

George Borg: 6/10. Available to talk to. A maverick!!!

Andy Leese: 0/10: Invisible.

Andy Leese: 0/10. Who

Thats not a nice thing to say about Andy , What must he think when he sees these sort of demeaning comments, No wonder he keeps out of the way  :doh:

Archived