Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Lowestoft v Enfield Town

seemgee

As i understand it was a selected few from the board.

That is wrong imo we selected a board not a few individuals,all the elected board members should have input into such a important decision not just told when the decision has been made.

Would i trust those few individuals to make the next appointment not in a million years.

There seems to be a split in the board imo.

You only have to walk in a bar at any away

game and its clear to see,the same few gathered around a table and other board members clearly not included Not through choice i might add.

I witnessed it first hand sat when a board member was very clearly deliberately ignored by the few.

Embarrassing.

Personally, I think a bit of perspective is required here. It's important to go back to the situation the Board faced in the Summer; not only the Manager and all of his staff resigning but almost the entire playing squad (Kirbs and Mickey excepted). Brad had assembled a squad many of whom ( John M, Billy C, Nathan , Harold, Percy) were more than capable of playing in top NLS sides , so it is no surprise or reflection on the Board that in a period of change / uncertainty those players looked to move on. Rebuilding from that point was an incredibly tough challenge. I honestly believe that the Board, under very challenging circumstances, made the appointment(s) that they believe at the time were the correct ones for the Club and the Members. I think it a bit harsh to begin to question their motives and or method of AL's appointment.

I'd have thought that most of us were happy enough with the appointment in the Summer. However, even though the duo have been given the benefit of the doubt on numerous occasions, they have had sufficient time to establish their strongest 11 and a playing style and formation. They've done neither and are way out of their depth. For the sake of the club, get rid of them !

Maybe next time we should have a few different faces on the selection board alongside the chairman as its quite clear they were taken in by his ability and contacts to build a strong squad.

What he didnt mention imo he has man managment or motivation skills.

Couldn’t agree more Vman.!! It’s all very well having the contacts of strong players, it’s all very well getting them to sign on the dotted line, it’s all very well that they get on well together (as I understand it), but if AL can’t positively mentally motivate them, believe in them, encourage their good points, but know how to build on their lesser points, there is no point.

The management team have serious questions to answer about how they intend to get us playing football again and, more importantly, winning matches. That is only right and proper in the situation in which we find ourselves.

I don't agree though with calls to sack the board - or certain board members. Our club is run on the basis of one member one vote and the board deserves our full backing. Most of the board members here have given so much to our club - whether in time, commitment or money, including personal guarantees to support the club's debt. We had an election recently and new board members were elected by the membership - and members had a chance to question the management and the board at the very well attended AGM.

This is a time for the club to come together, not pull ourselves apart - we all want the same thing even if we won't all agree on how to get there at all times. 

I think AT, that in the main, your 6.59pm comment  gives a reasonable summation of the current situation. I am in no doubt  the majority of members also realise the personal time and energy that the Board have individually put in to the club, as described by you. 

From what I read however members, like myself, are increasingly frustrated by the seemingly avoidance of any recognition that there is anything wrong. This is shown by the lack of any statement from them on the lines you advocate in your first paragraph.

Unfortunately, because of this there appears to be an increasing breakdown of communication between Board and membership.The later do not expect to be informed of every minor administrative detail of the club but do seek reassurances about matters of which they consider may threaten the well being of it. 

If nothing else, this should be just sensible PR. 

Edited by 4wembleyfinals