Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

One direction for the Chins

SEVEN TEARS BOY

And that's onwards and upwards, I say!

On a different note, pertaining more to the thread title, have Elliot Styles, Andy Tomlinson and Stefan Payne all played together in the same game for the Urchins, and if so, how often?

And that's onwards and upwards, I say!

On a different note, pertaining more to the thread title, have Elliot Styles, Andy Tomlinson and Stefan Payne all played together in the same game for the Urchins, and if so, how often?

with ref to the top line - no other team can win the league. we can only lose it. I am sure Jimmy is saying this to the players all the time.

With ref to the second line - God knows - over to you Dagger

Got a challenge for you Mr Hart - Can you work out how many points we need to get promoted?

(I can write a program to do it but I think you're better :) )

We need 106 points to guarantee promotion - that assumes both Bowers and Potters Bar win all their remaining games (Bowers can get 105, Potters Bar 107).  Since they don't play each other again that is a possibility.

After the win at Romford we were safe from relegation as Cheshunt couldn't catch us.  After the win at Hertford we are guaranteed to be out of the bottom 3 as neither Norwich nor Romford can surpass our current total.

I probably need to get out more !

Edited by andydick

>>>On a different note, pertaining more to the thread title, have Elliot Styles, Andy Tomlinson and Stefan Payne all played together in the same game for the Urchins, and if so, how often?

NO - Andy Tomlinson last played in 2012-13.
Stefan did not join Hornchurch until the following season.

I calculate that we can expect the Play Offs as a minimum already. Based on the chances we will get at least a point a game, that would mean we would end up on 89 points. It could be expected that the chasing group could average 2 points a game would mean that with 15 games gaining 30 points would mean 7th place would achieve 83 points.

Using the same method of calculation I predict that we need 5 more wins from the remaining 13 games to gain automatic promotion unless a freak set of results take place. One game at a time though please.

As per #4 we need 106 for guaranteed promotion (108 to be champions) - so that's 30 points.  It is very unlikely Bowers and Potters Bar will win all their remaining games but in the event they do then as of today we currently need 10 wins or 9 wins and 3 draws from our remaining 13.

I don't think that Jimmy will allow the players to become complacent and to be fair I believe that the players want this as well - Saw George's reaction when he got the winner the other game recently. 

Still some tough games to come, Potters Bar is the standout game as they are the form side and we were fortunate to get a win at their place.

As for Canvey, we owe them after the below par performance at their place.

I'm just concerned about our home form which has been indifferent of late, not bad but average.

Away, we've taken 17 points out of 21 recently on the road and our last defeat away was to Canvey ages ago.

Edited by cup of tea

I'm guessing that we're actually better off then that with teams near the bottom having to play each other and therefore taking points off each other (as everyone is below us at the moment!!!) but it's reassuring that we can't be relegated anyway.