Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Town v Kingstonian

seemgee

1) Beautiful solo goal by Tyler.

2) Hit the post twice and the bar once. Sod's Law!

3) Sam and Mickey were great. Why was Mickey taken off? Really continuing to irk me that Mickey is seemingly not rated by AL.

4) Simon and Liam came on at the same time with 10' to go, so easy to compare them. Simon never looked likely to score, as usual (0 goals in 11 now), but at least he got his appearance money. Liam had a couple of near misses. He would almost certainly have scored if he been on from the start or at least with 20' to go.

yup

5) Enjoyable to watch us playing the ball on the ground rather than lumping it in the air as we usually do.

6) We definitely deserved a point at the very least.

Sorry 53 Seasons, but it was meant to be tongue in cheek. 

But you have to admit that very little concern seems to be shown by some

regarding our position. Do you not have a view on this.

However, I appreciated Theo's and B-T-G reports on the game as they seem more balanced than some views.  

Unfortunately we were apparently very unlucky. But from what I have read

recently this is an exception to the rule.

Most sportsmen will tell you that you make your own luck. But our last 8 games cannot all be put down to bad luck.

Finally, I hope with win every game for the rest of the season but will settle

for 5 more wins to ensure we retain our status quo. 

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

I agree 4WF that we are in an unwanted and unexpected position following some dire performances. However yesterday was not one of them and we now need more of the same. Some stability in selection will help IMO. As for the overall direction of the Club, I trust the Board and Management to make decisions in the best in interests of the Club. 

I completely agree with what others who attended yesterday have said. Whilst the result was no better, the performance certainly was and our players left it all out there yesterday. Commitment levels from the players were exceptional yesterday - it seems when your luck's out, your luck's out. We hit the bar, the post twice & K's goalkeeper Rob Tolfrey was man of the match for me, making at least 5 point blank saves.

We were much more balanced from the outset with both wings being used and played some very good football at times. I did think we could have made better use of the subs but I can see why AL wanted to leave those who started out there for as long as he could. Some were literally out on their feet though, in difficult rainy conditions on a heavy pitch.

If we can put in a performance like that on Tuesday I think we'll win what is now a crucial match. Time to start picking up some points - the alternative doesn't bear thinking about. The two matches against Burgess Hill need 100% focus,commitment and application from all. Lets get right behind the team now and cheer them on to victory. COYT!

Good selection, good play, good spirit, desperately unlucky finishing by Town. We need a repeat of the selection and performance on Tuesday. 4 Wembley finals comments are just what we dont  need right now.

I agree 4WF that we are in an unwanted and unexpected position following some dire performances. However yesterday was not one of them and we now need more of the same. Some stability in selection will help IMO. As for the overall direction of the Club, I trust the Board and Management to make decisions in the best in interests of the Club.

Well said sir agree entirely.

I have said exactly that many times Vman. He has the ability to get up and down. In BQ's earlier days I even saw him supporting those up front. But now that would thinking long term. I don't see that happening even if he became permanent, that is, unless the current regime has a change of vision. It would also leave the left back position open for discussion.

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

The team were desperately unlucky not to score more than 1 on Saturday, AND to concede 3. The score line was not representative of the match. When your luck is out, it's out. The ball just didn't run for us.

Agree with other contributors that no effort was left unspared by any of the players in very difficult playing conditions. The rain and wind were practically non-stop and there were lots of exhausted players at the end.

Tyler gave us width on the left but we were lacking width on the right. The play was often very constricted and cried out for two wingers to give us width. Parcell didn't get forward as much on the right as I have seen him in previous games. We clearly lack confidence but the players need to believe in themselves because they are considerably better than recent results.

I thought Andy picked a strong starting eleven but didn't make the substitutions early enough. Brad Wadkins looked out on his feet with about 20 minutes to go. Given the conditions, I thought Hope and Thomas should have come on at least 10 minutes earlier to give us fresh legs up front against a tiring K's defence.

No question that Sam Youngs was man of the match - outstanding display.

Play like that again on Tuesday and I will be very surprised if we don't walk away with 3 points.