Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Home to Burgess Town

PocketRocket

Thanks for your report Theo. Glad we won. Not surprised that we had to hang on for last 15 mins or so. It is not just coincidence that it happens time and time again. Fortunately last night we won and that is one of the 5 wins I feel are required to keep us in the division.

I could open a long boring debate with CD Towner as to why team talks half way through a game are very superficial. From my experience a manager/coach's main job is ensure that each team member is able to play at a sustainable physical and mental level for the whole game and not just 75mins, which seems the current limit of some. A point which I am sure has not gone unnoticed by other managers if they have read our recent match reports. My views on this have not change since the beginning of the season but I have learned to accept the status quo.

It is now much to late in this season to expect any change to our training techniques. So I think we will all have to accept a coaster ride for the next few months and hope for a good outcome.

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

I think that Liam adds experience, ability and craft to the team and there is no-one anywhere in the squad that can compare. He demonstrated that on Tuesday when he was back assisting the defence and also available to receive a ball. The fact that for most of the second half he did not receive a single well judged pass is not his fault. He has the ability to be in positions where he is available to receive the ball and can usually control and lay it off effectively. He can also sniff around the goal area and his strike rate is far better than anyone else in the squad.

I cannot explain the second half except that Burgess Hill had worked out how to deal with Tyler who was anonymous and I can understand that substitution.

Whilst I can accept that the standard of play in the second half was well below the first half there was one delightful move that nearly got us a goal and it must not be forgotten that we did hit the bar in the second half.

Yes we did sit back and were inclined to panic as they pressed and I cannot understand that, if the manager said it was not in accordance with his instructions, I can only put it down to lack of fitness and that must be addressed.

BTW there is no-one that spoke at the agm who criticised gambling as immoral, wrong or nasty. What is concerning is the way that gambling is now accepted as almost a normal pattern of behaviour.

I made the point which seems to have been missed by most posters on here that I gamble, have placed bets on the national, the boat race I even went to Aintree a couple of years ago and came out £10 better off. I had bet at Enfield when we played wivenhoe when I thought the odds offered by a bookie in the bar were absolutely silly. (I got 5-1 on Town winning and we did). I have played Newmarket with my parents and my Great Aunt and Uncle. I regularly buy jackpot tickets at the club.

The point I am making is that I do not need encouragement in the form of advertising in order to place a bet. Betting has to be controlled and there is too much freedom given to the bookmakers to encourage and actually inveigle weak people in to bet. The sponsorship of sport is one of those means.

I think we all have different viewpoints on this Steph1 and every one is valid to the individual... as I said my gripe was as a retired bookmaker I made a living taking money from so called weak people ... I drove away from the AGM. thinking what would have happened if I had wanted to sponsor the club would my money not have been welcome... that was my reason for questioning the moral stance....some things annoy some people and others could care less but I'm happy it's been aired and discussed

Shouldn’t a motion of any kind be published and placed on the AGM agenda which should be sent to each member / shareholder at least 7 days before the meeting. The fact that the discussion is about accepting cash from betting firms is academic, next time the matter at hand might be important.

Publication an giving notice of motions to be discussed ensures that there is ample opportunity for members to consider pros and cons and be able to vote accordingly. I’m repeatedly surprised that the Directors do not appear to abide by the Rules of Incorporation and the the general approach to governance is overly casual. Perhaps it would be good for the members to be provided with the Rules perhaps published on the website etc...

@Steph1 very well said regards Liam.

The weather Tues night was not the best and the usuall people selling programs 50/50 tickets and the stewards etc al deserve a round of applause.

The star of the show though Tues was the young ball boy on the club house side of the pitch,he was the only one that side,and he ran the the entire length of the pitch keeping up with play all night,exceptional job in such cold wet conditions.

Shouldn’t a motion of any kind be published and placed on the AGM agenda which should be sent to each member / shareholder at least 7 days before the meeting. The fact that the discussion is about accepting cash from betting firms is academic, next time the matter at hand might be important.

Publication an giving notice of motions to be discussed ensures that there is ample opportunity for members to consider pros and cons and be able to vote accordingly. I’m repeatedly surprised that the Directors do not appear to abide by the Rules of Incorporation and the the general approach to governance is overly casual. Perhaps it would be good for the members to be provided with the Rules perhaps published on the website etc...

Those unable to attend the AGM would be able to vote on motions by post.

Thanks 72wf, as I thought, any resolution / motion should be contained in the Agenda which should be published 10 days before a General Meeting, the papers outlining the proposition to be considered should also be included in the notice calling the meeting. If this were to happen ( I don’t recall the issue on accepting money from betting firms being included ) members would indeed either make special effort to attend or would be able to approve / reject by post or by proxy.

Did any of this happen, if not I suspect that the resolution is not in accordance with the rules and is therefore not valid. - just saying

He can also sniff around the goal area and his strike rate is far better than anyone else in the squad.

just for the record Liam has played FIVE HOURS now since his last goal and not one single assist... I really wish I could see what you can see.... your description of Liam sounds like the Liam of five years ago.... the fact he starts for us just shows how dire our attacking options have been this year....