Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Enfield Town v Leatherhead

DerekR

What a complete waste of a Saturday... to think I could have done the hoovering and ironing instead of watching this dross.... back to type today hoofing long balls to a 5ft10" person being marked by a 6ft 5" defender.... I'm afraid our club is in possession of two of the most ineffective strikers in the league, the youngsters who have left or out on loan must wonder what they did wrong....Tyler playing inside... Blake covering in the right back position when we need to score....Awful is the only word to describe that today....

Theo, it doesn't make for easy reading. It sounds as if we have hardly progressed from day one. Both you and Castorman have echoed my question from several weeks ago, where are our youngsters of whom AL told us had great potential. It's about time he gave them a chance instead of ensuring that certain players get their appearance money. 

On another note I would be interested to hear which players did not take the 1 on 1 chances in the first half, as mentioned in the Official tweets. I have my own ideas.

Looking at the current league table it even more apparent that, as I said before, it's going to be a bumpy ride to the end of the season. This Tuesday, weather permitting, should say a lot about our future.

Surely someone on the Board must be getting concerned with how AL is running his team. To ensure our status in the new league I feel we still need another 4 wins from 11 games, preferably against those below us. Before I am again accused of being negative, 4 wins is really going to be a hard task since we have only had 2 in the last 12. Oh there have been 3 draws.  But some still do not see that as being negative, although it should be seen as down right unacceptable!!!!    

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

The thing is 4WF is that the season is over... we have nothing to play for apart from building and giving players confidence for next season... there is absolutely no point in starting Hope or Thomas who surely are not part of the managers plans for next season.... Andy needs to know who's staying and who's going and start planning NOW....

In fairness to Blakey we all know his end product is not quite up to standard but his work rate is spot on and he does get into threatening positions...

Edited by Theodopolous

Theo, you clearly aren’t actually in attendance at games judging by the timing of your posts and if you are perhaps you should save commenting until after the game whilst supporting the team during the game?

For those of us who were there today, I felt the game was won in the midfield where their number 8 and manager showed his class and dominated our 2 midfielders Blackman and Martin. Leatherhead played the conditions much better in the second half and we resorted to long balls forward with very little quality meaning no pattern of play was established.

We had countless chances to score but were incredibly wasteful and when we finally did score a good goal through Liam, it was ruled out for a touch and go offside. As others have commented Ryan Blake works very hard but on 3 occasions today he was wasteful when in a great position. Tyler was also once again in effective and didn’t seem to want to get in to the game.

The performances in the last few games have been an improvement on the previous few but the last 3 results would appear to be symptomatic of the team that we are this season - mid table, up and down. Win 1, draw 1, lose 1.

CD TOWNER... I've missed half a dozen home and away in three years how many have you missed....countless chances that is a joke....you tell me what is wrong with my posts... unless your watching our strikers through your rose tinted 2010 specs....I'm afraid if you don't think that was awful today you're not watching the same game....

Like yourself 4wf, I questioned the use of our youngsters many months ago. I often mentioned Jack Hockney as he seemed to be the only one who hasn’t left or gone on loan. I assume he’s one of those that AL said had potential? I’ve looked at the squad selections for the past couple of months, and this lad has been on the bench most of the time, and if lucky, has got on for the odd 10 mins at the end of a game. If he’s not ready, would he not be put out on loan? If he is ready, why not play him? If we had an amazing team producing great results, I’d get it, but unfortunately, the only answer I can come up with is as you said 4wf....money.

It's the Managers fault, he's hopelessly out of his depth. He signed every single player in that squad bar two and even they are both a shadow of their former selves. Time to go Andy, you're now starting to destroy our club. Go now and give somebody else the chance to build for next season because you are not capable !

Edited by SeasideTowner

Theo, I don’t think I actually said I disagreed with your posts? Although admittedly I SOMETIMES do! It was more about the nature and tone I was pointing out.

I agree on Hockney. He should be given a chance but if the team is only going to play with 1 striker is he going to do any better with long balls punted up to him? Perhaps he could assist the midfield?

That point is a sensible one but it is difficult to build for next season now when the players the management might want to get in will undoubtedly be tied up with other clubs and other things to play for still. Yes we can blood young players but Hockney aside, who do you suggest! If they haven’t been played by now, they’re clearly not good enough hence why they’ve drifted away. I think there are some good players at the club but we do not play as a team. If we did, all players involved would show a greater worth in the performances they give.

I’m just trying to be a realist and whilst I find our erratic performances frustrating, I’d prefer to not victimise certain players too much.

As some of you know I am only forming my opinions  from what I read. The reason for this is well documented. But it is now becoming apparent to me that many of you are at the point of despair as to what is happening at the club.

Surely it is time that you formally approached the Board as a group of members, preferably by way of a multi signed letter, telling hem of your disquiet and asking them what action do are they intending to do in order to try to put matters right. Next year could be too late. .......just a suggestion.  

We got what we deserved today. Absolutely nothing. Yes, the wind from the east didn’t help in the first half but we just hoofed everything into the air and waited for the ball to come back! Why didn’t we try and play the ball on the deck? As for the ‘touch and go’ offside. Liam was offside and he was at least 35 yards from goal when he lobbed the keeper who was coming out to take the free kick. No leadership. Little tactical awareness and worrying times. Just who is going to make the decision to try and stop the free fall? As for some of the refereeing decisions!

What’s happened to Brad Wadkins? Where is new signing Dernell Wynter? As for young players that have left or on loan because they aren’t good enough, who says they’re not? Is that not just the managements opinion? Maybe someone should analyse the games that have been won and who was in the squad on those occasions! Like I’ve said before, a team surely can’t gel when there’s so much movement.