Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Dorking Wanderers

AnfieldTowner

I'm guessing there's not much chance of the game being on this Saturday?

I see that they're about to move grounds to a new, I think, artificial pitch with the first game at the new place on 27th March. So the timing of any rearranged game will be crucial in establishing to which ground we travel and whether we play on grass or not!

As a resident of 'Leafy Dorking', I can tell you that we have been pretty lucky with the weather compared with the majority of the country so far though it is snowing hard here as I type.

I was talking to a Wanderers supporter in my local yesterday, and it was pretty obvious even then that without any more snow, the pitch was frozen solid down several inches.

• 2 weeks later...

I see that Dorking's new ground has been delayed indefinitely - so looks like our game will be played at the old stadium after all.

It would seem so.

A lot of very interesting chat about the 'indefinite' delay at Meadowbank in my local yesterday.

I feel sure there's a lot more to come out on this sad tale.

Archived