Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Dulwich, Lowestoft...

It's 'Wait & See' time.

The situation at Dulwich and Lowestoft have been brought about by clubs operating at levels which cannot be sustained. The leagues are littered with clubs operating beyond their means, these clubs rise briefly, perhaps obtain some short term success and then fall back, hopefully to restructure and survive at lower but sustainable levels. Some sadly disappear and no longer exist. Supporters need to bear this in mind when they are tempted to pressure the club into making expensive short term decisions which would place us in difficult position in the longer term. Every club has its natural level financially and must adopt investment decisions which are approprite. Thank goodness ETFC is structured in such a way that it is unlikely that this overstretching can happen, however we should celebrate that we have a long term model which can provide a good level of football together with the benefits to community. The founding fathers of ETFC can rightly be proud and we should be grateful that we are likely to survive as a club for many years to come, albeit we may not make the National league or win the FA Trophy !

I personally wouldn't have voted for a supporter owned club if i felt we would spend the rest of eternity not being able to reach the National league or ever have a realistic chance of winning the FA trophy at some time in the future.We can't allow the bottom half of the National league south to be our ultimate ceiling point.Our current structure has got us up until this point.If it fails to get us to the next level.be it in 5 or 10 years time,then a rethink of our current set-up may need to be looked at.Within the boundries of protecting our club from what happened to the old club.

Progression must be an onging ambition.Settling to tread water forever in the middle leagues in not an option that those supporters who have experienced the heights of being at the top of non-league football..If it takes 20-30 years to achieve then so be it.But that must be our aim.Never to just exist indefinitely as a run of the mill outfit.

Does anyone read the end of year accounts?

I've found the board are very responsive when I've asked for info re the ETFC (and ETFCSS) accounts. When I last asked the question (18 months ago), I was e-mailed the accounts a few days later. I'm sure if I ask the same question for the last set of published accounts (2016/2017?), they will respond.

I'm ambitious for the club, but not at the expense of its existence. And I'd prefer it to remain supporter-owned. I only have to look from the bar across the playing fields to remind myself why.

To be fair, with property developers swarming over so many clubs,i feel that in a decade or two the non-league playing field will be a lot more even.With more and more clubs fighting for survival.Going down the supporter-owned route or running on much smaller budgets will be the norm rather than the exception..There may even be a specific supporter-owned league formed in a decade or two.In that case we could be ahead of the game and we can just sit tight and consolidate until other clubs budgets and way of doing things start to mirror our own.

I've found the board are very responsive when I've asked for info re the ETFC (and ETFCSS) accounts. When I last asked the question (18 months ago), I was e-mailed the accounts a few days later. I'm sure if I ask the same question for the last set of published accounts (2016/2017?), they will respond.

I'm ambitious for the club, but not at the expense of its existence. And I'd prefer it to remain supporter-owned. I only have to look from the bar across the playing fields to remind myself why.

Reading and understanding are two different things.

Archived