Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Sporting Aveley

Old Codger

All the Aveley team gathered at the start to applaud the Urchins onto the pitch and then after the final whistle,despite no doubt being disappointed not to have gained something from the game in the second half,stayed behind to again applaud the players as they received their medals and the trophy.

Well done the Aveley players and hopefully they could be in the same position next year.

Aveley were very sporting , they didn’t have to act that way but did anyway. Think they will be a force to be reckoned with going forward and all the best to them. As for the game , we still showed the determination to get the result “that’s why we’re champions “ I think we were singing when the winner went in. The club is going in the right direction both off and on the pitch and I hope the people who just turned up for this one game will look at that and think this club is worth supporting again.

Realy really nice to see complimentary comments about an opposition side.

More please in the future please.

There were a few of the older fans who turned up to celebrate the success of the club and relive some of the older times and good on them for doing so. It was a good atmosphere in the clubhouse afterwards. Good to see Biased Bob again (although he has made it to the odd game this season).

There were one or two however who turned up just for the glory and acted as though they were important because they supported the club 8+ years ago and will probably disappear again now until the next big Hornchurch success. As far as I'm concerned they can stay away. There's a lot of fans who have stood by this club through thick and thin over the last several years (I know we have a moan now and then!) and I value them over glory hunters.

Hope so too, but some were heard moaning about not being able to buy a drink 2nd half. Regardless of whether that was avoidable or not, it was shame that happened in a packed bar.

I'm slightly surprised we weren't able to buy bottled beers tbh, especially real ales. Derek and I prefer them at room temperature in any case, though we'll drink them cold.

Archived