Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Enfield Town V Worthing

seemgee

The worthing fan didnt do himself any favours Theo.

Grandad was ok albeit shaken with a nasty cut on his elbow,he wasn't assaulted by the worthing fan but fell in the melee.

Sad end to the season but the situation was handled well by the stewards and no arrests were made.

Have a good summer guys.

Can't add much to already said. Best thing for me was I actually got there at last!!!!! Regarding the game,disappointment at what I saw. I  must say got more pleasure from reading the mixed reviews on the forum over the past few months than watching live. 

Let's say a season best forgotten and see what next year brings. Look forward to seeing a few new faces and a change of philosophy on the pitch.

Finally, thanks for all those who have contributed over the season. Especially the past 4 months who have helped to keep me in touch over a difficult time. 

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

Agree .. an anti-climatic end to the season .. managed to get to the game at the last minute .. but certainly wont be watching it again on tifosy!

Early chance when Ryan Blake was clean through but hit the goalie, and it could have been a different game.

Their goal came as a breakaway - we were taking a free kick in an advanced position - a couple of short passes, then Blackman's attempted cross hit the first man and they went down the end and scored. -- it reminded me of the last minute winner we conceded in the FAC last season  at Kings Langley when I believe it was Keir Dickson who gave the ball away in a similar position with us committed forward.

I was impressed with the way Worthing passed out from the back - and hope it is something we will look to do more of next season .. as it really took the pressure off them.

We huffed and puffed in the 2nd half and created a few half chances, but didnt really deserve it.

Sam Youngs was our best player in my view.

Shame none of our youngsters were involved at all.

Do think we have a number of individually good players in the squad now , but  the defence needs sorting and we need a goalscorer.

A full pre-season to work on the team,  and fingers crossed for play offs next season.

(And hoping the league restructure is kind to me and we have plenty of Essex based teams in our league next season!)

A very unenthusing match to watch. After a promising start, the goal we conceded was comical. As others have stated, a poor free kick from Ryan Blackman was cut out and before we knew it, we were 0-1 down.

Not many players came out with any credit although is that unusual to say? Yet AL and team seem to select the same players week in week out regardless of performance. I again thought Dan Rumens played well and looks much more comfortable as a central defender.

A very unenthusing match to watch. After a promising start, the goal we conceded was comical. As others have stated, a poor free kick from Ryan Blackman was cut out and before we knew it, we were 0-1 down.

Not many players came out with any credit although is that unusual to say? Yet AL and team seem to select the same players week in week out regardless of performance. I again thought Dan Rumens played well and looks much more comfortable as a central defender.

I understand where you are coming from when you say the goal we conceded was comical. However, it was poor defensive play to leave one defender supposedly marking one forward. We got caught out and didn't learn from it when they had another couple of one v ones. Oh well, no point in dwelling over it.

No point in dwelling on it as there is only 1 game left but the point I’m making is that if we were in the middle of the season, the point would be made that we should dwell on it and poor performances of some players shouldn’t continue to be tolerated.

As there is just 1 match remaining, my fear is that the same underperforming players will continue to be as such at the start of next seasons campaign, when we will revisit the argument and no doubt dwell on it further!!

I hope not LS, but rumour has it that quite a number of this years team will be encouraged to sign again. Perhaps it's time AL should burn "His little Black Book" and get some one out there looking. I believe they are called    " SCOUTS".!!!!!!

But one has to accept some think everything is hunky dory.

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

A rubbish end to a rubbish season are my thoughts on this season. AL has got away with it this season, in the respect that too many supporters have bought into the ideal that he should be judged on his second season. I agree with LS that we'll get more of the same if he is allowed to continue next year. For a man who who insists on playing defensively, even though he denies it, he has employed some of the worst centre halves that I have seen at this level. He was never the right choice for this club but we insist on sticking by him. It will be interesting to see how many season tickets we sell if he stays, I know that I won't renew, I'll just attend as and when it suits.

Enjoy the summer !

ST I have to agree from what I heard there are many more who share your view. I said at the beginning of the season, when I was able to attend regularly, there are some who will always welcome the status quo ie: Mid table in the league. I still think they will accept this next year and they will give many reasons why. Financial restraints, grass is always greener etc,etc.

More than two years ago I said that, when the club attained the 99yr lease on the ground, the next step was to build a team that continued to bring sufficient supporters through the gates to sustain it.   

My only hope is that AL finds a new coach for the 1st Team with a more modern approach. But as I said recently it would mean him changing his whole philosophy and admit there are different ways of playing. Even with the players he has now.

We will have to wait and see. It's going to be another interesting close season.

Edited by 4wembleyfinals