Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Enfield Town V Worthing

seemgee

Glad you made it to the game on saturday 4WF..Not a classic game at all.Very subdued both on the pitch and on the terraces.

The club needs a re-think of its recruitment policy.The borough is packed full of talented young players.(Many of whom get snapped up by other clubs).We need a scouting system to make sure we find local talent.Develop that talent and bring those players through to the first team.

Edited by lovely stuff

Can't agree with you more LS, but try convincing the current management squad. If your bordering 30 and had brief encounters with numerous "professional clubs" the world is your oyster, or at ETFC it is. Far to often the fetching and carrying is done by the few younger players in the squad. 

Back to my old hobby horse again. To get what you advocate means getting in good qualified coaches. Unfortunately, even at national level these are few and far between and invariably ex-pros. Consequently, old hacks tend to teach old methods and I say that as someone now in my 80s. 

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

i said it once before why not look at the other team that plays at  our ground  they have a player possible going on Charlton Athletic's  books  20 + goals this season  its not rocket science

Because they have no interest in or benefit from pushing any decent players our way plus have you actually seen them?

Because they have no interest in or benefit from pushing any decent players our way plus have you actually seen them?

I've seem them play. They have some very good players. They have some young, quick, skillful & creative players. If you look at Andy's recruitment of players. It's more likely Andy was not interested in signing those types of players rather than them not wanting to push them through. He has opted for more experience and players that have played at Step 3 and above. The same thing has been say on this forum time and time again about Andy's reluctance to play young players regardless.

Our young player of the season this year was Junior. He didn't start a game and I'm not sure he played 90 minutes total. Whereas last season Percy Kiangebeni was young player of the season and he started a number of games and even started in the playoffs. Oh yeah, guess what team he signed from ?

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Ever wondered why they have more cameras than fans?

I've seem them play. They have some very good players. They have some young, quick, skillful & creative players. If you look at Andy's recruitment of players. It's more likely Andy was not interested in signing those types of players rather than them not wanting to push them through. He has opted for more experience and players that have played at Step 3 and above. The same thing has been say on this forum time and time again about Andy's reluctance to play young players regardless.

Our young player of the season this year was Junior. He didn't start a game and I'm not sure he played 90 minutes total. Whereas last season Percy Kiangebeni was young player of the season and he started a number of games and even started in the playoffs. Oh yeah, guess what team he signed from ?

Percy played for us and went off to another club before returning to sign for us and then playing a few Borough games and Junior has come through our youth section.

Edited by MbrunoB

Percy played for us and went off to another club before returning to sign for us and then playing a few Borough games and Junior has come through our youth section.

My main point is about Andy's willingness to give young players a chance. Congratulations to Junior for coming through the ranks and picking up the award. But their was little competition for young player of the year because Andy doesn't generally like young players. All the young players were either shipped out or on the bench, while older more 'experienced' players were struggled all season. Thats the facts

My main point is about Andy's willingness to give young players a chance. Congratulations to Junior for coming through the ranks and picking up the award. But their was little competition for young player of the year because Andy doesn't generally like young players. All the young players were either shipped out or on the bench, while older more 'experienced' players have struggled all season. Thats the facts

Gosh, when I tried to forewarn supporters what to expect last year, when AL was appointed, I was subjected to a lot of abuse. However, it seems that much of what I said then is now  being observed by others. Strangely, I don't feel good about this as I am now more concerned about the current welfare of the club than my predictions.

I now recognise we are caught in a cleft stick in that, we have to go with what we have got, rather than suffer the ordeal of the fiasco of last year. My only proviso is that the Board should ensure that planning for next year starts now.One thing they could consider is to co-opt to the Board someone with current knowledge of the non league game, especially coaching, to over see the football side of the club. 

From what I learnt last summer I know that AL will not entertain this for one minute but he does have an alternative. That is come out of the past and prove he can build a team, on a fairly fixed budget, like BQ did, which is capable of at least trying for the play-offs.

Before the sycophants take me to task again, I am only asking for what I believe he implied he was capable of doing when appointed.

I feel that to do nothing and go with the same old way next year, may alienate many supporters.

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

no I haven't seen them  but I bet they would not look out of place in our squad , if professional clubs are looking at them they cant be that bad !!!!

Watch Borough and the way they operate before recommending any of them are the answer to all our problems.

Sitting on the side lines I have been watching the back and forth with PP and MB I am fascinated by MB brevity. Basically MB puts forward is points in short cryptic comments with very little substance. It would be nice if he could expound a little more on what he really thinks on the subject for us lesser mortals. 

I don't think AL has a particular disliking for young players - just that those that we've had have been judged to be not ready for the men's game, there's a big step up. My understanding is that AL was the U18 coach at Broxbourne Boro last year and most of those we have tried out had joined us from that set up. Our captain, Ryan Blackman, is only 22/23, I believe and Montell Moore was used to good effect before his troubles surfaced.

With regard to Enfield Borough we had a good experience with Percy and I think they have some good coaches encouraging individuals from more troubled backgrounds but I think its a fallacy to suggest they have a stash of players ready to step up to our level. Yes, Charlton have taken on one of their youngsters but will he make the first team? Clubs like that have a good youth set up. We also have the difficulty of not fielding a reserve side where some of those youngsters can be looked at - hence the choice made to send them out on loan. The trouble with that is they rarely come back as they enjoy the regular first team football that we can't promise.

I see that Enfield Borough have announced that they'll be playing their football at Wingate & Finchley next year - so another Enfield team moving out of the borough!

This is my first posting on this forum, and I'm afraid that what I'm about to say I wish I didn't have to. Having read so much garbage on this topic I feel I have to respond.I find it fascinating that people have so much to say about Andy Leese and the team when they clearly don't attend regularly at games. Andyetfc, you say you threw your season ticket away in disgust last Saturday, that's pretty radical bearing in mind that was our last home game of the season. 4Wembleyfinals, you have a lot to say for yourself bearing in mind it was your first appearance of the  season, most of it uninformed tosh. Oh and Lovely Stuff, how many games do you go to to spout so much equally uninformed tosh ? As for this tedious theme concerning AL only playing ageing players, well let me see,Rumens,Parcell,McKenzie,Blackman and Wynter are all in their early Twenties. Wright,Johnson,Youngs,Greene,Wadkins and Blake are in their mid twenties, and Hockney is still a teenager. Doesn't exactly qualify them for a pension does it now? I've no problem with people criticising when they go to games home and away regularly, but really, the opinions of those I've mentioned here are quite frankly worthless.

This is my first posting on this forum, and I'm afraid that what I'm about to say I wish I didn't have to. Having read so much garbage on this topic I feel I have to respond.I find it fascinating that people have so much to say about Andy Leese and the team when they clearly don't attend regularly at games. Andyetfc, you say you threw your season ticket away in disgust last Saturday, that's pretty radical bearing in mind that was our last home game of the season. 4Wembleyfinals, you have a lot to say for yourself bearing in mind it was your first appearance of the season, most of it uninformed tosh. Oh and Lovely Stuff, how many games do you go to to spout so much equally uninformed tosh ? As for this tedious theme concerning AL only playing ageing players, well let me see,Rumens,Parcell,McKenzie,Blackman and Wynter are all in their early Twenties. Wright,Johnson,Youngs,Greene,Wadkins and Blake are in their mid twenties, and Hockney is still a teenager. Doesn't exactly qualify them for a pension does it now? I've no problem with people criticising when they go to games home and away regularly, but really, the opinions of those I've mentioned here are quite frankly worthless.

Most of the players you named already had experience at the level, So it's easy to put them in a team. Brad is the man that gave both Mickey and Darnell the games they needed to get the experience. So I feel Andy is still reluctant to play young players (that need experience). We all know Jack should of played more games this season.

We could all play a 23/24 year old who has a number of step 3 appearances in a team.

Is Andy brave enough to give the likes of Jack, Junior and others an extended run in the team ?

Thats the question, I guess we will see next season