Fans Focus - Non League football clubs
seemgee

Enfield Town V Worthing

not sure this age thing has anything to do with our recent form tho I would have like to have seen a bit more of Jack.... we have a number of young exciting players and some very good individuals all of whom I would be happy to stay ... so i can't help thinking if the players are good enough then there can only be one problem... the set up of the team and the way they are asked to play is wrong.... we don't attack as a team and we certainly don't defend as a team... again against Worthing a breakaway goal... yes a rank free kick by Ryan but surely we should be set up to defend a quick loss of possession..like others I'm afraid of more of the same next season meaning a loss of support and income... I had ten family and friends come Saturday not one had a good word to say afterwards....

Morning everyone. An interesting response to my first posting. May I say that there were two main reasons why I came on, firstly to destroy the myth about our squad being too old. We have three players over the age of thirty, now bear in mind that during Steve Newing's tenure we actually had at one stage three players, Hammatt, Hunt and McLeish who were over forty, and they and we didn't do so bad then did we? Secondly, I have this aversion to people commenting and forming opinions on games and individuals when they clearly haven't been to the event. I have many friends whose opinions differ from my own, but because they've seen the same game as me, I'll possibly argue the toss with them, but I'll respect their opinions nontheless. Now then Mr Andyetfc, I do sometimes detect an air of flippancy in your comments, but recently reacted to our fine performance at Tonbridge as 'only one game', well had you seen most of our games recently,apart from the crazy forty five minutes at Harrow, you would have noted we'd being playing well in most of those games. 4 Wembleyfinals, I appreciate your reasons for not being ab le to attend games,but now you're hopefully back on the scene you'll be commenting on what you see,not what you hear. Lovely stuff, trust me I'm not a relative of a player or Management staff,I simply go by what I see,and will continue to do so. Lastly Vauxhall Man, although yesterday was my first posting,like your good self, I have had a real interest in the club for some time !!

I agree MB that everyone is entitled to join the forum, so long as they meet it's criteria. I welcome different views as stimulating but all differences should be dealt with in a respectful manner and not by abuse. Certainly argue your case strongly from what ever position you take.

To Green Grass I say welcome. I also also annoyed with myself for rising to the bait and apologies for the tone of my response. Which contradicts what I have just said above.

By the way I saw most games prior to the New Year and therefore my opinions were based on what I saw. From what I read subsequent to then I was encouraged to make the effort to go last Saturday. Unfortunately, even with a change of personnel I saw very little change to the way the team played. In that respect Theo's comments sums up what I have said in the past.  

This year has been a very volatile one for the club and many strong views have been expressed. It is now almost come to and end and I look forward to the new season. I know that all contributors have one thing in common and that is to see the club have more success on the field next year. 

With that thought in mind I hope you all enjoy the Summer break, when it comes, and that we all meet up again in a few months time.  

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

I actually for once agree with Theo! We don’t have too many older players in the squad now and have the right balance between youth and experience. Our experienced players (Mitchell-King, Martin, Hope, Thomas) are the right fit in terms of ability, experience and character to support the younger players. Should they all be in the starting team? No but in the squad yes and 1 or 2 starting IMO.

The younger players are players with quality, ie Wright, Greene, Youngs, Parcell. I disagree on the Junior comment. From what I’ve seen he’s not at the standard of other players we have and so just because he’s a young/homegrown player doesn’t mean he has a divine right or interest to be playing ahead of others! Granted I was not at the Dorking game but that appears to be where the argument of his involvement has stemmed from!

The issue is with the way all of our players (not many of which I would actually want to lose) are being asked to play. 1 up front for example is not a formation I would champion. Kicking it long I’m not a fan of. Overly defensive tactics I’m not a fan of. Rigid management styles and indecisive tactics I’m not a fan of!

Is there a common theme here???

Morning everyone. An interesting response to my first posting. May I say that there were two main reasons why I came on, firstly to destroy the myth about our squad being too old. We have three players over the age of thirty, now bear in mind that during Steve Newing's tenure we actually had at one stage three players, Hammatt, Hunt and McLeish who were over forty, and they and we didn't do so bad then did we? Secondly, I have this aversion to people commenting and forming opinions on games and individuals when they clearly haven't been to the event. I have many friends whose opinions differ from my own, but because they've seen the same game as me, I'll possibly argue the toss with them, but I'll respect their opinions nontheless. Now then Mr Andyetfc, I do sometimes detect an air of flippancy in your comments, but recently reacted to our fine performance at Tonbridge as 'only one game', well had you seen most of our games recently,apart from the crazy forty five minutes at Harrow, you would have noted we'd being playing well in most of those games. 4 Wembleyfinals, I appreciate your reasons for not being ab le to attend games,but now you're hopefully back on the scene you'll be commenting on what you see,not what you hear. Lovely stuff, trust me I'm not a relative of a player or Management staff,I simply go by what I see,and will continue to do so. Lastly Vauxhall Man, although yesterday was my first posting,like your good self, I have had a real interest in the club for some time !!

I have actually seen quite a few games this season and I'll pass judgement when I wish to. Yes, Tonbridge was a good win but we cannot base our season on just the one game.

The answer to your question CD is "Yes there is" and that is why I have clung to my view as to where the problem lies.  As I have already said I now await to see if there is any change in AL approach. If not we can expect more of the same. One can only live in hope.

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

isn't this fun !!! :D anyway the season all bar one game is over lets hope that the management  can sort out the team bring in new faces where needed.  I hope you all have a good summer break and hope to see you all down donkey dome next season

Welcome to the forum.Hope you enjoy many years on this forum and manage to rack up the thousands of posts on here that those you have criticized have under their belts.Unfortunately i fear you are one of the many 'cuckoo' posters that have come and gone from this forum over the years.Those that simply join because they are friends or relatives of the current manager or squad member,and then disappear quickly once their 'boy' has left the club..Belter of a first post. :D

Oh dear, I've not been for a few months due to medical problems, now I feel like a 'cuckoo'?

Sorry everybody, see you next term!

I know how you feel  WXE hope you are now well on your way to recovery. 

Thank you 4WF's, very decent of you, knee and hip now beginning to glide nicely again! :excited: