Fans Focus - Non League football clubs
Sign in to follow this  
Sir Rebel1965

Only 4 left

With the death of Alan Bean, only 4 of the 12 people to walk on the Moon are still alive.

Bean died at the age of 86

Buzz Aldrin is still going at 88, David Scott 85, Charles Duke 82 and Harrison Schmitt 82, are the 4 still alive.

Looks like space travel has not impacted their life expectancy – assuming they made it to the moon, nothing like throwing in a conspiracy theory.

It does question that in a few years’ time there will be no one left who has walked on the moon – has human kind stopped moving forward?

Nearly 50 years have passed since the Moon landings and for the younger generation it may as well be made of cheese.

Is it this lack of adventure that has allowed society to stagnate and lead to the social problems we face today?

An interesting point, Sir  !

I'm old enought to remember all the space exploration from Yuri Gagarin onwards, and I can remember commentators at the time saying it was more than probable that space travel might well shorten life and increase medical problems.  How wrong they were !

IF they went to the moon! (okay to be honest they probably did).

To be honest, I think the future of space exploration is with private companies rather than space agencies. See what happens there.

You're as bad as my youngest daughter, Cuppa.

She still won't have it that men have actually walked on the moon.

Edited by Big J R

Seen the conspiracy documentaries, to be honest everything on there could be explained away and the fact that the Russians crash landed a satellite onto the moon before the Americans landed showed that getting there was possible. Guessing it was headline news about Yuri Gagarin.

Seen the conspiracy documentaries, to be honest everything on there could be explained away and the fact that the Russians crash landed a satellite onto the moon before the Americans landed showed that getting there was possible. Guessing it was headline news about Yuri Gagarin.

Quite so, mate.

On that subject, there was another conspiracy theory surrounding his death when he was 'test-flying' a new model fighter.  Some said he'd upset the powers that be over certain comments that he'd made.  I think you'll get my drift.

Are you suggesting that the Russian authorities oversee 'accidents' to people that may disagree with them? Shocked !!!!

As If I Would Suggest Such A Thing !!

Though people in Winchester might !!