Fans Focus - Non League football clubs
Sign in to follow this  
4wembleyfinals

All quiet on the Enfield Front

It seems that many of our Bostic Rivals are already gearing up for the new season. 

I do hope that the silence on our behalf does not let the Early Birds catch all the worms. But then I'm told patience is a virtue. However, I do hope that we aren't caught with our pants down again at the start of the new season.

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

Our rivals put players on contract. We cannot afford that so we have to wait until training starts and see who turns up. I hope that our management team are sending out feelers but softly softly catchee monkey.

I do hope that positive conversations have already happened with those we want to keep. I see yesterday that we will also be having an U23 team this year, does anyone know more about this?

Taofiq choosing to sign for us is an extremely encouraging start. Good player who could have gone elsewhere. Let's see who signs on again from last season's squad.

I have a good feeling about the coming season. The manager knows what areas he needs to improve, is already doing it and has the full support of the board. I sense momentum in this squad. Hope the good news keeps coming!!

Really pleased... Taofiq looked good in his loan spell with us.. and I didn’t realise he was so young.

I read Remi was Thurrocks player of the year last season!

Defence was our biggest area of improvement and we have added 2 strong players in May! Well played Andy!!

any update on players going or coming into the team ??

Edited by old towner

Just keeping an ear to the ground, Andy, that's all.

Nothing may come of it. The player whose name I've heard is Enfield born and bred.

I kept my ear close to the ground and had difficulty getting up

Some people know yet others have to wait. Sounds like there are a chosen few.

There are people who go to the stadium and talk to other people, and those who don't. Simples

Can we just archive this and dig it up next year or just start a new one again like this year, last year and the years before that?

Glad to have confirmation that Joe, Mickey, Dan, Brad, Aaron, Matt and Ryan are staying, also very encouraging to hear about another Defender Matt Rowell signing...dare I say, I’m feeling quite optimistic and actually excited about the new season. At least we are in a better position than this time last year! Bring it on!!

The manager has made some decent signings so far and these things take time. Building a team is a lot like building a house, start with the foundations, then you build the rest.........