Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Prediction Lg wk 4 results, wk 5 matches- 20 Oct

Jago

Hello everyone.  Cor Cas eh?  Hey-ho, on we go.  (Donkey riding etc). 

Meanwhile the good thing about having our very own Urchin Queen in the league is that she makes the rest of us look vaguely competent - even Mr Hat (once the performance enhancing drugs have worn off- which appears to be the case).

I’m doing this on my mobile this week as time is short and I have a beer festival to get to, so it’s anyone's guess how the formatting will work. And I don’t know how to *embolden* on Safari so no point in mentioning any of you as I know you only look for your own results. Though a quick shout out to new leader Mr D and well done Lord Upminster for squeaking the Ozzminster derby Classico. 

So here we go...

UPMINSTER DIVISION

Marshland Mardlers (Lord Upminster)   5-4   Dazedandconfused (Ozz)
The Wizzzards (Jago)   9-11   The Flat Caps (Mr D)
Lt Commander Data (Wivenhoe)   9-3   Back of the net (Paul C)
Daley's Dream Team (Fat Tom)   9-10   HuttonDressedAsLahm (UrchinYid)

Po Team                            P W D L F A Pt
1 The Flat Caps (Mr D)          4 3 0 1 41 39 9
2 Back of the net (Paul C)      4 3 0 1 39 35 9
3 HuttonDressedAsLahm (UrchinY) 4 3 0 1 36 29 9
4 Lt Commander Data (Wivenhoe)  4 2 1 1 31 25 7
5 Dazedandconfused (Ozz)        4 2 0 2 30 29 6
 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -       
6 Marshland Mardlers (Lord Up)  4 2 0 2 29 30 6
7 The Wizzzards (Jago)          4 0 1 3 33 40 1
8 Daley's Dream Team (Fat Tom)  4 0 0 4 34 46 0

COLLIER ROW LOT

Carroll's injured? (Cup of Tea)   7-2   Lana Del Jago (Urchin Queen)
AFC Pulisball (Dinamo Urchin)   2-9   Retired & Idle (Blackballed)
The New Sheep (Dummy Team)   4-9   Trojan XIX (Cool Hand Luke)
Salad Dodger Hotspurs (1961 COYS)   9-5   Dennistoun Dynamos (Hatted Urchin)

Po Team                         P W D L  F  A Pt
1 Dennistoun Dynamos (Hatted U) 4 3 0 1 31 21 9
2 Salad Dodger Hots (1961 COYS) 4 3 0 1 29 29 9
3 Trojan XIX (Cool Hand Luke)   4 2 1 1 40 26 7
4 Carroll's injured? (Cup of T) 4 2 1 1 36 30 7
5 Retired & Idle (Blackballed)  4 2 0 2 26 26 6
6 AFC Pulisball (Dinamo Urchin) 4 1 2 1 31 36 5
7 The New Sheep (Dummy Team)    4 1 0 3 30 37 3
8 Lana Del Jago (Urchin Queen)  4 0 0 4 18 36 0

Right. That took an hour on the phone and I’ve lost the will to live, so we’ll do the fixtures by committee at the beer fest. BE THERE IF YOU WANT A SAY. 

Toodle pip
The Artist formerly (and indeed formally) known as Jago. 

Well I have to say that was a top event yesterday - well done to all who organised it.  Extraordinary band too.  I had a lovely time and I apologise now to those I offended during the course of the afternoon.

Anyway, I did ask CuppaT, Paul C and Hatted Urchin to sort out the fixtures to give me a break and let me enjoy the session without my customary Sunday fixture anxiety.  But yes, you've guessed it, "couldn't organise a piss-up in a brewery" is the expression I think.  Though Mr Hat did suggest we include Wick Academy.  Good idea Gavin - except they're not actually playing, are they?  As I said.  Piss ups and breweries. Couldn't run a bath.  Etc, etc.

So we'll go with this lot instead:

image.png.0cafc854b48af2a09f6f9973fb183975.png

Fixtures to predict :

Week 5, 20th October

Utrecht v AZ Alkmaar
Cardiff v Fulham
Wigan v West Brom
Eastleigh v Hampton & R (FAC)
Chins v Tonbridge Angels
Att:

All the best to you all on this fine Monday evening (where England appear to be doing the Biz for once).  Oops, Spain just scored... don't mention Dorking Wanderers.
The artist formerly known as Jago

Utrecht 1 v 1 AZ Alkmaar
Cardiff 1 v 1 Fulham
Wigan 1 v 2 West Brom
Eastleigh 2 v  1 Hampton & R (FAC)
Chins 2 v 1 Tonbridge Angels
Att: 222

Mr Jago

I must put in an official complaint.

There are two members of this prediction league that should be banned. Can you remind all members that rule 1) is that no prediction with the mighty Urchins in should have an Urchin defeat, it should have at least an Urchin draw ( being a pessimist ) but mostly an Urchin win. Please reprimand accordingly.

5 hours ago, 1961 COYS said:

Mr Jago

I must put in an official complaint.

There are two members of this prediction league that should be banned. Can you remind all members that rule 1) is that no prediction with the mighty Urchins in should have an Urchin defeat, it should have at least an Urchin draw ( being a pessimist ) but mostly an Urchin win. Please reprimand accordingly.

I'm as disgusted as you are but my hands are tied on this one...

3 hours ago, The Hatted Urchin said:

I'm as disgusted as you are but my hands are tied on this one...

Dear Mr Hat.  This is not the forum to share your sexual proclivities.  Please check with Luke XiX or Tom Daley (the real one) for further information on suitable websites.

Dear COYS.  I agree.  It's very very sad, but that's modern society I'm afraid.  You'll notice it is the (relatively) younger element involved, so I guess those of us the generation up need to take a long hard look at our parenting skills.  UrchinYid is surprisingly clearly a credit to you in this respect - especially as he probably still can't believe he's been lumbered with a lifetime of heartache and failure up The Lane.

Anyway - it is not actually an OFFENCE to predict a Chins' loss - it is merely an AFFRONT TO HUMANITY and ALL THAT IS GOOD IN THE WORLD.  And the stats over the years show that the serial offenders DO NOT PROSPER (I'm looking at you - again - Mr Hat, and you - Urchin Queen).

Oh and by the way, Luke's bigger offence is to put the scores after the fixtures, so he joins Cup of Tea and Wivenhoe on the brink of a point's deduction.

Finally.  Dear Blackballed.  A good offer, but you'd probably hit the wrong button on the keyboard ?

Have a lovely evening.

THE COMMITTEE

Utrecht 1v1 AZ Alkmaar
Cardiff 2v1 Fulham
Wigan 0v1 West Brom
Eastleigh 2v0 Hampton & R (FAC)
Chins 2v1 Tonbridge Angels
Att: 275

Archived