Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Enfield Town v Brightingsea Regent

seemgee

It's not a coincidence, one goal in three matches, that someone has decided to be more negative in their approach. I find it hard to believe that all three coaches can be happy with this decision.

I hope that it is only a blip and that on Saturday I will be proved wrong. 

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

Just a continuation of last season but with better players.... eleven players thrown on the pitch with absolutely no pattern of play... one up front again with balls hoofed forward over his head... I'm afraid our season will be over before xmas unless we change things now.... let's not be fooled by our position... it's a mess on the pitch .... bad passing ...bad shooting (which isn't all down to AL ) and no formation what so ever.... at least it wasn't as cold as last week....

Start it now TCC ... let's not wait till the seasons dead.... I would love to be in the dressing room just to hear what the tactics and pattern of play is.... Are the coaches actually promoting long balls for the whole ninety minutes or are the players unable to play passing football so just resort to it....

OK, last night was poor from my view, held by a team that had done their homework on us and we couldnt break them down. 

BUT let's not get hysterical again ... though changes do have to happen in our approach.

So last night, well we simply didn't really gel at all... for all the potential chances, the best we had was probably their defender in the first half that brought a full stretch save from their keeper.

Yes, Billy should have put away with a few mins to go, but in truth their game plan worked on us. One home win in 6 was mentioned to me as we were leaving the ground - and that simply isn't good enough.

As said above, too many hopeful punts forward - this season we have the players to keep possession .. and they must be encouraged to do so.

I was surprised it was the same starting 11 as Saturday - I read that we were unlucky in this first defeat, but surely something should be tweaked?

To me, our inability to change things around at home needs to be addressed - we still get caught on the break at times, yet often have many players back - time to go 3 at the back at home to give us extra resources going forward? And a 2nd striker is needed to support Billy in such games. The balance is not right currently.

Again, subs were too late .. we are not giving them enough time to change things around - Liam and/or Brandon need to get more time, and at least one should be in the starting 11 on Saturday. And we didn't even use our 3rd sub? We are chasing a result at home, the opposition are camped in their half - surely a fresh pair of legs should be used? If we don't have the right offensive players on the bench then that is an error  - with various players out on loan. Where was Chaney last night?

My MOM was Ryan Blackman - tireless runnning throughout, and was absolutely gutted when he came over to thank the fans at the end.

A word about Brightlingsea - well, they had a game plan and stuck to it - but whilst Merstham could pass the ball well, these were far inferior. The constant time wasting and feigning injury from their goalkeeper was embarassing for them and I hope they get relegated for their unethical approach!

BUT again let's weigh up the positives too.

We still sit in the play offs .. only 4 points off top .. and the league is certainly weaker this year

Only one defeat .. some good performances .. and we have arguably the best squad ever.

Andy has built a great squad - now is his time to prove himself and make the alterations in team selection and play.

We have a big 2 weeks coming up - Whitehawk  MUST be a win on Saturday, with a change of approach.

Then the league leaders away next Tuesday - big vocal support required at that, followed by a bad FAT draw away to Lowestoft.

A trophy run to help the club coffers would be welcome, whilst we must stay in play-off contention. Given the farcical extra play off step this year, we really should be targetting that top spot... 

"It's not a coincidence, one goal in three matches, that someone has decided to be more negative in their approach. I find it hard to believe that all three coaches can be happy with this decision. "

We have a proven goal scorer in Britnell but he is not superman. He needs the ball to his feet around the box and we see fireworks. He wont get the ball to his feet if there are three defenders around him as there is no one else up front to lay the ball off or keep possesion. That is Liam's strength so why is he on the bench? I wasn't there yesterday as I had a meeting, I wont be there Saturday as I will be sailing and I wont be there Tuesday as I am baby sitting. (Taking my nephews out actually) So my next game will be Felixstowe, unless of course the team dont produce the goods in the next few games as I wont be bothered to make the long trip, and I am nearer to Felixstowe than those in Enfield (just). Following week is poetry at Aldborough.

Anybody see a trend here? It seems that the football being dished up is not enough for me to make the effort to go.

1 hour ago, Steph said:

"It's not a coincidence, one goal in three matches, that someone has decided to be more negative in their approach. I find it hard to believe that all three coaches can be happy with this decision. "

We have a proven goal scorer in Britnell but he is not superman. He needs the ball to his feet around the box and we see fireworks. He wont get the ball to his feet if there are three defenders around him as there is no one else up front to lay the ball off or keep possesion. That is Liam's strength so why is he on the bench? I wasn't there yesterday as I had a meeting, I wont be there Saturday as I will be sailing and I wont be there Tuesday as I am baby sitting. (Taking my nephews out actually) So my next game will be Felixstowe, unless of course the team dont produce the goods in the next few games as I wont be bothered to make the long trip, and I am nearer to Felixstowe than those in Enfield (just). Following week is poetry at Aldborough.

Anybody see a trend here? It seems that the football being dished up is not enough for me to make the effort to go.

Fair summing up but one point is that our forward is Billy Bricknell

14 hours ago, The Crowing Cockerel said:

Bad results this Saturday and in the Trophy the following week and I'll be starting the 'Bring Back Brad' movement.

Just don't say all Towners as some of us still support Andy and don't want Brad back but other than that carry on.

Plateau

Lack of Confidence

Loss of form

Change of tactics

Whatever it is....clearly our form at Home is not good enough.    Last few home games we just haven't looked like we're at the races.  Teams will pack their defences and we seem to have no way of getting through it at the moment.  Surely management can see this.

Ryan looked gutted last night and his effort showed how desperate he was to get the points.

However, come 90 minutes it looked like he had to beg the team to come over and thank the fans and Liam couldn't get back inside any faster if he tried.    It's clear that the fans are waiting for any trigger to get the atmosphere going and at the moment it's not happening.

I actually thought Aaron's play last night was one of the highlights.   We do manage to get wide and deliver however Joe's pumps from goalkicks rarely end up with our possession.   In this league one area teams aren't weak at is in the air and the passes need to be pin point to avoid this.

We give up possession too quickly...when the defence is back our slow play doesn't work and even though MJ was trying to encourage quick/crisp passing last night it was only there in glimpses.  For me it has to be patience and possession.   Obviously better build up play too.

For me our shape/starting position is crucial.   Why oh why do we drop so deep??  This only means we're inviting teams on and any look at highlights will tell teams that they can start higher up the pitch and as soon as they lose it we have to break them down.    Is it too obvious to say we need to push up and squeeze their players more?   I've not seen many teams that can out play us but a few are now starting to battle us and it must be no secret that we've got to get higher up the pitch instead of trying to stretch the pitch lengthways.          

Just a few of my thoughts....I hope these draws aren't a sign for the future.   Huff and puff with little quality.

Highlight last night sorry to say was Mario trying to retrieve the ball quickly and nearly falling flat on his face over the water bottles...........?

1 hour ago, Father Jack said:

By the way, did you know that the phrase "The Bring Back Brad Brigade" is very hard to say after a couple of drinks?

?

I'd even struggle to say it sober.

Good to see the bandwagon has started up now, with the good start to the season some of you must have been disappointed that you couldn't commence your 'Leese Out' campaign earlier. Whilst the last 3 results have been disappointing, the team is still in a good position and for those that actually watched last nights game you probably came away wondering how we didn't comfortably win that game. Plenty of chances just a combination of poor finishing and a couple of decent saves by their keeper kept them in it and they achieved what they set out to do, go home with a point. The majority on here feel that the squad is decent and that the managers tactics are to blame, so I ask you this, do you think the manager sends his players out and says to Micky Parcell, when you get the ball pass it to the opposition twice within 10 seconds or to Bricknell, when you're  in the six yard box, don't score, hit the keeper instead. The manager will accept responsibility for last nights 'defeat' But some of the players need to take responsibility for their own performances. As for the bring back Brad brigade, no thanks, football might have been better but we're still in the same division and if he gets a better offer he will be off again rather than stay and finish the job, which he was on his way to doing before he left and took the entire team with him.

one thing you can say about AL is that when he tries something he sticks with it... the team line up ... the long balls the substitutions and even the time of the subs is pretty much set in stone....I noticed last year the more the fans complained the more we got more  of the same so maybe best to keep quiet and let him get on with it and start again next season if this one does fizzle out like a damp squid ?