Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Jim Cooper

Old Codger

It seems that Colin is looking for a new coach to assist.

Sitting next to me at the Tonbridge match was Jim Cooper who managed Metropolitan Police for a number of years before leaving owing to their being transferred to the Southern League with the additional travelling that it entailed.

He has apparently applied for the Heybridge and /Finchley Wingate posts without success.

He lives in Upminster and might be worth an approach.

Hard to think that Colin would have gone public on this without a plan in place.  It's curious that with so much managerial upheaval in the Bostick Prem and North already this season that Jim hasn't got a post - then again, he was attending our pre season games so maybe just biding his time.

Keith Rowland also lives locally and has recently left Wingate.

So much depends on what the role is and whether individuals want to be number 1/2/3 in a structure, let alone what personal circumstances outside of football dictate.

Agree with a lot of what's been said. Don't know Jim Cooper but the fact he's being applying for managerial posts suggests that maybe an assistant position isn't what he's after but I may be wrong. Seems to be quite capable and did well at Met Police.

I'd also agree with Dinamo, can't see Colin making statements without a plan. Colin has certainly earned my trust after all the effort he's put in and all the years he's been involved with the club and I'm sure he'll do what he feels is in the best interest of Hornchurch.

Archived