Welcome to the new software - Please read! Read more... ×
Fans Focus - Non League football clubs
Sign in to follow this  
urchinman1961

Predictions Brightlingsea Regent v Hx FA trophy 2nd qual rd Sat 10rh Oct

Cup competitions seem to favour us more than the league at present a sneaky 1 nil Urchin win crowd 230

We never seem to do well here so to quote Kevin Keegan," I would luv it, luv it if we beat them"

Going for a 2-1 victory for Hornchurch att 250

Brightlingsea have played 6 matches at home in the league they have drawn 1 game and lost the other 5 so I can see a 2 nil win for urchins with a 280 crowd

Edited by Burdy

Well I got the 2-1 bit right , unfortunately it was for Brightlingsea , but how? They caught us with a goal almost from kick-off (I was still helping Ian put the flag out when they scored) and the only other shot on target I remember then having was for the second goal . As for us , we dominated large parts of the game, hit the woodwork twice and were extremely unlucky not to get a result today. Disappointed with the ref not wanting to lay a wreath due to time constraints but well done to Alex for doing it anyway - no time lost. Should have sent signals as to how the game was going to go today 

Not wanting to blow our own trumpet but I thought the Hornchurch support was exceptional today, obviously a little bit of confusion at the end but I’m not going to go on about that. Felt like the support we had at Witham when we got promoted. 

All told, just one of those games you come  out of scratching your head , never mind on to the league 

Edited by cup of tea

Great noise from our supporters I for one get encouraged bye you attempt at singing ( where’s Simon cowell) I’m sure the players  also get a buzz  we just need a positive result to get us going again we don’t become a bad team because of a few poor results 2 or 3 wins puts us back in the hunt again I’m sure all on the playing staff expect to win every game we will do everything in our power to get positive results we need you fans it’s all part of the journey , onwards and upwards keep the faith keep the support thanks 

Yeah we got off to a poor start but once we came into the game it was looking like we would get a result. Gutting to lose like that but I believe in our squad and ability.