Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Enfield Town v Worthing

seemgee

Stone a crows... Sick as a parrot,.... Play down the lines,..... All get behind the Boys!!!!!... No I haven't gone mad just thought I'd get a few cliches of my chest. After all it I am hear from some the use of them is the only way to get a team motivated. Also that all my twaddle about set-up, match planning and  the correct balance of a team for each match has nothing to do with the outcome. Just throw in a few more cliches and it will make everything come right.

Yes I'm angry because I hate to see what is potentially a good side made to become average by one persons rigid intransigence. A few more like this and another season will be wasted along with an increased Budget. 

NO further comment, other than yet another apposite cliche, "Non so blind as those who wish not to see!!!!"

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

love the substitutions... 2-0 down Parcell off injured and he brings on ........ a centre half ?.... then he leaves Adams on the bench ..... no point getting angry tho 4WF .... nothing's going to change ... too many people in the club are more than happy with our position..... prepare to be shot down though for daring to question the one persons intransigence.....

Unfortunately couldn’t there tonight, but reading the above I’ve got the gist. 4WF, you have every right to be angry and frustrated, why wouldn’t you be?!. But sir, you’re frustrations won’t change anything as no one (in management) seems to listen or even consider the opinion that changing things might have a positive impact, therefore all you will do is cause stress to yourself, and it’s really not worth it. Let’s just hope that someone sees fit to have a quite word in AL’s ear (actually, a loud word). 

What an inept performance. Poor mistakes from the defence and some interesting team selections. One thing that unsurprisingly didn’t change was the formation, which the management appear to be completely stubborn on. 

After a disastrous start to the 2nd half we were beaten by the better team, convincingly. 

I said my piece Theo and I feel so disillusioned I have nothing more to say.  I stand by my conviction and if the majority of supporters see things otherwise so be it.

Thanks for your comments Cman,  unfortunately I am not surprised with the state of affairs as last year I made it clear what may happen when AL was appointed. I was vilified then so whats new.

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

as for the game the first half we played ok but that clinical finishing was lacking ... going in 1-0 down was a bit harsh but it is so worrying the ease on which teams seem to walk through our defence... we can't blame having ten men as we would have been two down with eleven men if he hadn't punched the ball off the line..... again we defended deep leaving only Billy up front with a thirty yard gap between him and our midfield thus allowing the opposition to attack in numbers just leaving two men back .... bringing on Rumens for parcell was baffling when 2-0 down would love to know his thinking there and again Liam comes on for the ninth consecutive game in more or less the same minute leaving the fresh young legs of Adams sitting frustrated on the bench... can see him being the next youngster off in search of a game.... 

>Theo

Their goalkeeper and defence were very good. Reminded me of the of the old Enfield soak up the early pressure always playing out to fast forwards who will take on the defence and finally when the opponents have used up all their resources.

Go for the jugular and keep going.

We have done it once or twice this season but not consistently. We always come out of the traps fast but that sort of pressure cannot last for 90 minutes and it didn't yesterday. Perhaps that is why our away form is far better than our home form. (BTW before some smart alec corrects me I haven't checked the stats).

Edited by Steph
spelling error and tidying up.

Have to say don't really feel much better this morning than I did last night.

Noticed on Twitter Billy scored his 250th goal.   An amazing achievement.      He is a brilliant player........and was so excited when his arrival was announced but he is being sooooooooo misused.    Despite Liam's late arrival(as usual) as soon as he came on he flicked on the ball and Billy was there.....yes he was tackled however it showed that with support Billy will receive more.

Been said time and again......if we play 4 2 3 1.........then the whole team must get closer to Billy.

If we play 4 5 1..........then either Sam(Young or Chaney) are both able players to feed him......or either winger.   However more often than not he is so isolated and the ball comes back every time.   I honestly wish we would look at playing 4 3 3......we have the players to do it.   If it's broke........which it clearly is then why oh why do we carry on.   Failing that for goodness sake give Billy either Brandon/bilal or Liam alongside him......we'd cause defences all manner of problems.

I felt silly for Billy last night, but at the same time our defence isn't right either.......whether it's lack of concentration we are leaking too much and it seems that quite a few teams are playing smarter than us.   Hate to say it........however at the moment more often than not we are beating OURSELVES.

Think within the next month our season will be decided    ?

I don't know how much homework managers in our league put it but they would only need to watch us once to know EXACTLY what to expect....as Steph says we do normally start quickly and look good but it is so easy to get in between our lines as the gaps are so big... teams literally walk through the gaps... we don't defend as a unit or play as a unit ... even when we beat Burgess they had two excellent chances to take the lead .... i feel we are on the verge of blowing what could be our best ever chance to progress....