Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

No change, same old, same old.

MTHead

We were a poor second best all over the field again on Saturday. If you continue to do the same thing , you’ll always get what you’ve always got ! 

My view is that we have a squad of players who at best can compete with an average Istmian Premier team. This should come as little surprise, bearing in mind the constraints that we have in terms of available budget. I am not convinced that the manager is playing the right tactics, team structure etc but hey ho what do I know ? However it looks like we have a limited quality of squad which is not playing as well individually or as as a unit. the manager must take responsibility I respect of failing to generate motivation and focus. he recruited the players, and whilst there are individual errors and lack of individual quality it is the manager who must take responsibility. It looks like he has lost the dressing room as the standard of play on the pitch is woeful at times. my view is that we have a team and budget which would see as an average team which will finish about halfway in the league, bearing in mind that there are some very poor teams in the league this year. 

Changing the manager, recruiting new players, and changing tactics are cited as the answer. In truth it is a combination of all three which is probably the right way, however realistically I am not convinced that any of this will improve our position this year. How Erie something must change! The atmosphere behind the goal is deteriorating, attendances will decline if we continue to play these same type of football. At times it is hard to watch ! 

We turn up not expecting to win, this has been coming a long time, apart from three or four matches when have we played well ? 

Our attendance figures and wages budget are in the top 6-7 in this league. With the Conifa money helping pay for a stella striker (at this level) in the form of Billy i expected more so far this season.Especially with the manager having a full season to bed in. Plus the fact that without any big name teams in the league this is probably the weakest league we have faced at this level.

If there is a glimmer of hope.It is those couple big away wins so far,which were absent last season..

Glimmer of hope:

The last 6 games....all without a win we've scored 7 goals......1. something a game..........

We've conceded 17 goals........that's averaging nearly 3 goals against a game.

Andy had all of last season.    He has had all of this season up to now.   This is his team.    The reasons for performance have been discussed many times over on here.    We have a very talented team.......with a number having experience higher up.   Andy has at the club players he thinks can produce performances.  

Give him a season people say.........well we are now nearly half way through this season.   Thing is we are capable of producing some lovely stuff......to nick your name........however everyone here knows what the play at home has been like in the past month.      I wonder if coaches at this level now are worried about coming to Donkey Lane..........or looking forward to it.     I know which one it is.   Throw into the mix too that all the fixtures in December look tasty ones....with local derbies...teams below us and also fighting to avoid relegation.

Excited.......wish I was.

ps......we have one of the top keepers in this league........and top strikers too.    Do they look like it right now.....far from it.

Once again I find myself agreeing with Theo and especially DJW's post script. It is ludicrous to suggest that Wright and Brickell have become bad players over night.

Even if I am unable to be at the AGM, for reasons given in another discussion, I sincerely hope that our views are voiced and given positive answers and not platitudes. Otherwise MTH's prophecy regarding attendances will become a reality. 

I like to believe that some of the Board are already aware of supporters feelings and that a plan is being formulated to improve the situation.  

I like to believe that some of the Board are already aware of supporters feelings and that a plan is being formulated to improve the situation.  

not like you to to be optimistic 4WF.... can't see it myself ... I just cant believe how wrong I was to think we could be challenging for the title not just the play offs and that is why I'm so peed off ... if my ambition for the season was mid table I wouldn't be so critical ..... I've now lowered my expectations and will now be happy if we don't get pulled into a relegation battle...

Hey Theo!

Found myself agreeing with you last season and it looks like I will again. I felt really positive (like most, if not all, of us several games into the season). I even went into statistics mode to 'prove' how much better Andy was doing compared to Brad. Stef stepped in with a post poo-pooing my stats (and I retreated tail between legs!). I'd promised myself I wasn't going to add to the negative posts after the last few games, but...."Circumstances, dear boy. Circumstances!"

I didn't start the Kingstonian game in the best of moods. Nick's passing was a great sadness and I was hoping the team would honour his memory appropriately. The first few minutes suggested they would. But then....(as has been noted in other posts elsewhere) we saw Billy on the right wing!!!!!!! (With no-one to cross to!). Harry Kane taking corners under Hodgson sprang to mind. Where was Mickey at this point? Playing at right back, not wing back.

There seemed to be a general feeling of WTF! Any thoughts of singing gradually gave way to moaning or worse, apathy. Several people I know who would normally be extremely vocal behind the goal found other, more interesting things to talk about (and even do!).

Results are poor, the atmosphere is becoming poor, and good players are looking poor (I would exempt Ryan from that claim: he was easily our MOTM, not Billy).

Spot on about the atmosphere behind the goal BTG I can't remember being so bored at a game as on Saturday.... I'm even not looking forward to tiptree tonight but a cup match might kick start our season especially as I'm expecting a strong team out and real desire to keep this season alive.....

Archived