Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Carshalton Ath. v Enfield Town

seemgee

With a record of 9pts out of 30, any other manager would be called in by his employers and given an ultimatum as to the his future. Other manager who have not had the finance this one has had were not given such time.

The comments on ETFC Official report, at the end of the 1st half and at Full time, speak volumes. I am beginning to wonder how much longer the situation can be left to drift. 

I don't think rallying cries will do any good only action. With out this all the good work put in by so many members to get us to where we are will be for nothing.

There is always some one free, some even without a little black book. It may seem nonsense but perhaps we already have one within the club who may flourish from having the chance to put in place his own ideas. 

It can't be any worse than now. After all it has already worked once and that was also fairly early in the season. It would depend whether the Board feel it's worth taking another chance. However, what's to lose since we already are? 

At least it gives the board time to rethink and stops throwing away good money after bad. 

Just a thought, but I have to honest it would not be my first choice but an alternative.

Oh dear. How very disappointing. A game between an average team and a poor team. We were very poor today, didn’t trouble the Robins keeper at all. 

‘It looked like the team didn’t know what they were supposed to do, leaderless, clueless and hopeless. We are getting the same kind of performance we saw last year, no improvement. Same old same old !!!

Manager’s responsibility no excuses. I don’t think he can take our club to within the promotion zone this year, I am beginning to agree with others and perhaps the club need to take decisive action now in order to prevent us dropping into relegation battles. We need someone who can motivate, innovate and inspire the players to do better ( I’m sure most of them are capable of performing at this level). If we leave it too much longer, relegation beckons, reduced gates and demoralised players = vicious circle.

Hmmm .. very disappointing result .. and from the few  social media comments I can find anywhere a consistent message that we were not good enough and it was comfortable for Carshalton.

My last post after Maldon was about us being 3 pts off play offs and it was quite rightly pointed out by others that plenty have games in hand on us - table looks far worse now - Worthing in 5th with FOUR games in hand on us, Carshalton and Haringey ( 4-0 vs Kingstonian !!) both coming into form.

We have lost SIX games out of last seven , inc 2 cup exits.

Looking to the other end of the table, Merstham in 18th are 7 pts behind us but with THREE games in hand.

After Bognor, five of our next six games are against teams below us - so by mid Jan I think we will know whether the play offs are attainable or not.

An important meeting in Cardiff on Wednesday means I can no longer make Bognor Tues night which, I hate to admit, but I am not that gutted about.

What I don't understand is how after Maldon on Tuesday we simply default back to the previous line up - Greene and Hope were our best 2 players on Tuesday - why weren't they starting?

The principle of a smaller squad to use budget effectively sounded logical - but we are struggling to fill the bench, assuming Mario has no intention of playing. It feels like the players do not feel they can be dropped and that is where complacency can come in. Some of the errors I have seen in the last month through the videos of the games are terrible. 

And I hope Ryan's injury is not serious, as the squad is thin enough as it is.

Starting to get a bit concerned ...

Wasn't there yesterday as was away.

The only things to discuss recently are negatives unfortunately.    The performances and product on the field are the only consistent things at the moment.     Honestly feels like the season was lost few weeks back.

Lacklustre

Down

Lacking

However this squad seems a complete shadow of the early season one.

Would love to put my finger on it .

Anyone who thinks knee jerk or we are fickle.........as fans?   Well we all see what we do and we re all entitled to our views.

If you're happy with how November and December seem to be panning out then why?????

Brilliant question DJW, can't wait for the hundreds of replies. Don't hold your breath. What ever one says about his departure it was refreshing that BQ always was willing to give an interview and so as to keep the members in the loop as to his intentions. Can not remember when AL put his views to us. After all who pays his wages?

Wasn't there yesterday as was away.

The only things to discuss recently are negatives unfortunately.    The performances and product on the field are the only consistent things at the moment.     Honestly feels like the season was lost few weeks back.

Lacklustre

Down

Lacking

However this squad seems a complete shadow of the early season one.

Would love to put my finger on it .

Anyone who thinks knee jerk or we are fickle.........as fans?   Well we all see what we do and we re all entitled to our views.

If you're happy with how November and December seem to be panning out then why?????

Oops.     Apparently he gave an interview recently.....I've not seen.

However.      Can't say I've seen a change/improvement.

I can't really comment on recent performances as I'm not able to attend games that regularly due to other commitments - from what I've read and obviously from looking at results, things are not going well at present. It sounds to me like we're a side very low on confidence, and the buck clearly stops with the management team to try to turn that around. I don't think we've become a bad side overnight, and remain hopeful (not using the word confident anymore) that we can turn this around - it just takes one performance, and things may well click into place. There's been talk of new signings, which might also shake things up a bit and provide a catalyst to kick on.

I'm still not in what seems to be a growing "change the manager" camp, as I think that Andy has put together what on paper is an excellent set of players - and I think he should be given more time to turn around this recent poor form and get us back up the table. That said, my backing isn't open ended and if we don't see a turnaround relatively soon it will be increasingly difficult to continue to stick up for the management team. So in summary, I'm still hopeful that a lot of people on here are proved wrong - but certainly not confident of it :)

Barney, I am sure we would all would like to be proved wrong. But Steph1 summed it up when he quoted Einstein. To paraphrase it, E said, to keep doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result borders on insanity. That describes our situation. Its AL's dogged unwillingness to try something different is what is frustrating supporters. 

I agree that a fairly good mix of players with ability do not become poor over night. But too many loses lowers their confidence in the system the manager keeps making them play.

Archived