Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Bognor Regis Town v Enfield Town

seemgee

WE will never know Steph but by the laws of probability a win had to happen sometime. As I said earlier,when commenting on another topic, I don't care how or how it was achieved we won. It does not exonerate AL but it sounds that he has at last tried something different. Hope this is just the beginning of his and our renaissance. I await next Saturday.

Great to see a green box on the website!! (too many red boxes lately) .....

I'm still comfortable that we have a good squad (good = challenging for play-offs). Didn't get the results over the last few games but our form was going to turn around at some point and I'm delighted it was last night. The players should regain confidence from that result, let's hope it's the start of a winning run.

Let's start with the obvious. Both teams badly needed a win last night at Nyewood Lane, to close the gap and keep in touch with other promotion candidates. As the old adage goes, if you can't win, don't lose. We didn't, we won!

Bognor, with home advantage, started slight favorites, allowing for Towns recent poor run of results, but matches between the two clubs have always been close encounters over the years.

With everything to play for, the first half was fast, furious, even, too close to call, until The Rocks broke the deadlock, taking the lead in the 43rd minute, to leave Town a goal down at the interval, and all to do in the second half.

After the break, Town continued to press forward in search of an equaliser, and were rewarded when Billy Bricknell headed home in the 68th minute. The deciding goal and match winner came in the 82nd minute when Ryan Blackman fired into the top corner from the edge of the penalty box. Job done!  A fine footballing goal won this tight game for an improving Town team.

So what about our new forward signing Muhammad Faal who made an impressive contribution on his debut last night?

Early days, but the 21 year old, who stands around 6' 3", and boasts a lean physique, is fast, skillful, hardworking, and a constant to the opposition, particularly when breaking forward from mid-field or upfront. Mo certainly looks a very useful signing for the Town, and if last nights display is anything to go on, it won't be long before goals follow.

All credit to our players for fine battling performance, and great show of team spirit at Bognor, which secured a memorable victory, three precious points, and moved us back up to 5th in the table.

Finally, well done to all the Town faithful who made the long journey down to the South Coast for this match. They saw a very close, entertaining match, and were well rewarded.

?

Archived