Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Town v Harlow

Father Jack

Wright,  Hatton,  Sutton,  Johnson,  Weatherstone, Rumens,  Parcell,  Blackman (c), Bricknell  Faal, Greene

Subs: McLean,  Youngs,  Sayoud,  Mubiayi,  Davison 

Well, well, well, quite a week for the Town!  Two new signings, two wins on the bounce, and six precious points to show for our efforts!
By all accounts an excellent, dominant display today, particularly in the second half. Be interested to hear what the Town faithful made of the game and our overall team performance.
Would certainly appear we carried on this afternoon from our excellent showing at Bognor earlier in the week. Are we getting back on track for a spot in the play-offs?
Note we don't have another fixture now until Boxing Day, so we should have a fully fit squad, if our players don't over indulge on Christmas Day!!!!
Great to be winning again, so well done to Andy and the boys on todays result, and let's hope for more of the same in the second half of the season.

Yes Andy, we started well but as you say still some way to go. Reserve my judgement on new forward. Probably a bit harsh but he seemed a little bit out of his depth and no better than the young players let go. Most of whom never got the chance to play in to days formation. But Billy Bricknell made up for that and put in a lot of hard work up front besides his two goals. 

WE will have to see what the new year brings when we have to play the other challengers. But still another win is another win.

2 hours ago, littlehampton said:

Well, well, well, quite a week for the Town!  Two new signings, two wins on the bounce, and six precious points to show for our efforts!
By all accounts an excellent, dominant display today, particularly in the second half. Be interested to hear what the Town faithful made of the game and our overall team performance.
Would certainly appear we carried on this afternoon from our excellent showing at Bognor earlier in the week. Are we getting back on track for a spot in the play-offs?
Note we don't have another fixture now until Boxing Day, so we should have a fully fit squad, if our players don't over indulge on Christmas Day!!!!
Great to be winning again, so well done to Andy and the boys on todays result, and let's hope for more of the same in the second half of the season.

Was a very good performance by the Town today,nice to see us playing 4-4-2 again.MFaal had a very good game,all the supporters sitting round me were very impressed with his contribution,his link up play with BBricknell was very good.(he would have been my choice of MOM if Aaran had not had such a good game)nice to see Aaran running at players and beating them,he seems to be getting his confidence back.MParcel had a good game also,playing higher up the pitch suits him.Weatherstone had a solid debut.We played a lot more with the ball on the ground today,and well deserved the 3 points.A great performance by all today.

Good to see one of our younger players get some game time today also.

On a separate note sorry to see Taofiq leave,he is a class act and I wish him well in his career.

Decent performance overall.

Weatherstone was steady at the back....Billy looks much happier with someone to feed/feed off.   There were a couple of times they linked up well and with their shooting/heading more clinical both could have had more on the day.

Don't think anyone really had a bad game.  That said, I know Harlow have won 2 of 3 however thought they were poor overall.  

One thing I will say....T....thank you for all your efforts, was interesting that there was a difference of opinions with management.   Hopefully we'll have done the better of that deal.   I've been critical of Andy just recently.....however he has gone out and got a striker.....question is would this have happened without Hope's forced absence.   We needed maybe some experience at the back and we now have some.......perhaps that can bring more to the back line and help with organisation.

Good to see the Town back to winning ways.   Well done boys.

A week without my negativity brings two wins which might be a sign.... good job we had that win against Bognor though as this victory didn't really prove much ... Harlow were absolutely dreadful ranking alongside Whitehawk as the worst two teams I've seen in the league .... Greene finally found a right back that he could beat regularly which hasn't been the case this season... the defence wasn't really tested ... can't believe that weatherstone is any better than Taofiq I just hope his experience and organisation is better that would really help.... Mo has that X factor that we might have been missing up front... very quick and not sure anyone really knows what he is going to do which makes a change from our predictable approach up front.... bit worried that Sam young is not starting ....surely not another to leave to get playing time.... looks a bit better now but it's catch up time for the teams below in the next two weeks but we still shouldn't be to far off the playoffs at xmas....

Agreed Wildlife Rescue. Weatherstone is a vast improvement on Taofiq not just for his leadership skills but also his quality on the ball unfortunately. I think it’s a fantastic signing.

Not so sure about Faal though. He’s certainly all arms and legs but not sure on the quality! Bricknell has been crying out for another forward to play with him for some time though. I’d like to see more of a link up player as I think Billy would thrive even more in the box but nonetheless a good week for the town and some positive progress. 

Decided after 180 minutes on a player.........let's give him a bit longer, support him and see what goes on.   Thought he caused trouble all game long.  Either side of the keeper his header would have been lovely.   Also think his overall game play is what has been missing in those draws and defeats that we've had too many of.

Held the ball up well, linked up with BB, brought others into play and I think is certainly one to watch.    If his all arms and legs continue to cause problems and the defence are left unsure as much as we are to his next move then so far so good.    I think both these signings could be major for us this season and probably just what we needed...hopefully Faal not just short term to act as a gap filler.

Archived