Fans Focus - Non League football clubs
Riversideman

Player update please

Marks, Livings and Cooper are all injured as they were at the game yesterday 

All the best to Leon McKenzie for the future and thanks for everything - long standing player for us and one great season where he couldn't stop scoring.

Good luck to the other guys leaving and welcome to the new players.

All the best for the future to Leon has played well for the club. Good luck to the other players leaving and welcome to the new ones.

It's a shame that we lose players we have known and enjoyed watching play, but these things happen in football. 

I would like to thank them all for being part of Hornchurch and I feel I have lost players I would like to call friends. I hope all goes well and be safe.

Dibs 

Sorry to see Theo go - I thought he was a talented player but maybe didn’t get enough of a chance to play up front which I think was his best position. All the best to him. 

I believe all the new signings had played for Mark with Thurrock who were Ryman Prem at the time. I knew it would happen but I'm not a fan of mass players following their manager from club to club as I'd hate it to ever happen to us. Still onwards and upwards...

After Tuesday nights performance the team couldn’t put two passes together they were terrible. A lot of ?? On players atm.

Edited by Front4

This was always initially going to happen unfortunately, new manager, new players and maybe existing issues to deal with the squad as well.

I'm confident that it's going to get better. I'm also confident that it won't happen overnight.

It's frustrating to see things not going well. I know that players come and go but fear that we are losing our promotion winning side now that the new manager has come in. I feel, as some one has already said that the team only needed tweaking which I agree with. But it seems as if all Hornchurch players are leaving and we are fielding a team mixed from thurrock and Waltham Abbey with little experience of Bostick Premier level and above combined together. Time will tell, and I hope the team can grind out the results in the last half of the season and stay up. As tough as times will be, we must support the team , management and their decisions!

Edited by Miss.A.F.C.Hornchurch

There is a big difference in quality between the 2 leagues. We did so well to win the bostik north last season but it was easier to build on a win with another, now we have to fight for the points and the players coming in must be prepared for it. 

As a long time Urchin fan I think we are getting a but carried away with the negativity we have struggled since we lost Nathan to  injury who is a good player and leader and know one has stepped up to that mantle there are worse sides than us in the league and I know we are more than capable of turning it around and we're still in 2 cups.Rant over

Message from Colin

Just an update 5 players in from wabbey all played in Ryman premier last year unfortunately a couple are injured ,jimmy was trying to bring new players in himself we have had an awful run of injuries but the fact is we haven’t won in the league since 2nd October that plainly isn’t good enough we hope to have 2 more players in tomorrow who will improve the squad. You all know my relationship with jimmy so I was gutted to see him resign because I knew he could turn it round but in the short period of time I’ve seen mark at work we have the right appointment

We need to get these new players in and build a period of stability and let Mark work on tactics and skills. There is already a different style emerging, but we need to work on passing skills and as sometimes passes are intercepted and put us on the back foot. Early days, lets get some training sessions in and get the players in too. But when can we expect Nathan back? He is very important to the side. He is a natural leader and a formidable player and ensures a solid defence. Also sad to see Theo go. A new manager could have developed him even more I think.