Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Berkhamsted Raiders

3 hours ago, Karen Browne said:

London Marathon has been postponed

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/athletics/51878234

Yep there you go and its no surprise.

So how was it that the Cheltenham Horse Racing festival was allowed to go ahead last week then for four consecutive days with over 60,000 attending on each day from all over the World

5 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

So how was it that the Cheltenham Horse Racing festival was allowed to go ahead last week then for four consecutive days with over 60,000 attending on each day from all over the World

Simple

Each sport will make its own decisions

So in other words there is one rule for some and another rule for others, I'm sure that money comes in to it somewhere along the line and all the hotel and guest house bookings in and around Cheltenham for example, the city relies hugely on the Festival every year

On 15/03/2020 at 20:33, Karen Browne said:

Simple

Each sport will make its own decisions

All horse racing now suspended.

Again, please don't think that I am singling out beleaguered Berkhamsted Raiders, as that certainly isn't the case, however, once again, you really couldn't make it up could you. Had the Coronavirus not come into play, as unfortunately it has done of late, the hapless Club would apparently still not have had a fixture tomorrow and would have, not for the first time this season, been kicking their heels on a Saturday afternoon. I note that, okay, Kings Langley were scheduled to play at home at the Orbital Fasteners Stadium to Redditch United however Buckingham United would have also been twiddling their thumbs tomorrow so what was wrong with Berkhamsted Raiders travelling to the Lace Hill Sports & Community Centre following the postponed fixture there three weeks ago on 29 February. At least Berkhamsted Raiders would have been able to focus their attentions on Browns Road and Berkhamsted FC's trip to Daventry Town tomorrow, a game the Comrades would have undoubtedly won to extend their lead even further over Halesowen Town at the summit of the BetVictor Southern League Premier Central Division with the so called Yeltz in FA Trophy Semi Final First Leg action against Concord Rangers, it is such a crying shame how things have panned out and who could have possibly imagined it.

Buckingham United would have also been twiddling their thumbs tomorrow so what was wrong with Berkhamsted Raiders travelling to the Lace Hill Sports & Community Centre following the postponed fixture there three weeks ago on 29 February.

Until you know all the facts I suggest you stop posting your waffle.

In a agreement with the two leagues Buckingham United first team can only play on the 2nd and 4th Saturday at home, the remaining other two weeks the Reserves have the venue

7 hours ago, Karen Browne said:

In a agreement with the two leagues Buckingham United first team can only play on the 2nd and 4th Saturday at home, the remaining other two weeks the Reserves have the venue

Karen - I am sure something could have been figured out, Buckingham United's Reserve side could have possibly found a venue elsewhere to play their fixture today against the mighty Blisworth James King Reserves in the North Bucks & District League Intermediate Division to enable the First team and Berkhamsted Rangers to complete their SSML Division Two fixture rather than them having no football on a Saturday afternoon at Step 7 level. Anyway it's all irrelevant now isn't it due to circumstances beyond your control.

Tringarmy - Thanks, that's interesting and good news for Berkhamsted FC, I'm sure that Berkhamsted Raiders will be over the moon to hear that especially their Chairman Keith Pollard. Separately, I was wondering what the position is on the Orbital Fasteners Stadium groundshare agreement in the light of the Coronavirus and should this season be terminated which is looking likely now, Berkhamsted Raiders still have seven home matches remaining and I am sure they paid for the entire season up front rather than pay on a match by match basis, Kings Langley won't be too keen to refund some of that money will they.

So now the 2019/2020 campaign is officially all over bar the shouting, what is the position on Berkhamsted Raiders groundshare agreement at the Orbital Fasteners Stadium. The beleaguered Club still had seven home fixtures remaining didn't they and I am sure paid for the entire season up front rather than pay in dribs and drabs on a game by game basis, knowing Kings Langley from the dealings I've had with them in the past, they won't be overly keen to refund some of that money.

2 hours ago, Rhodes said:

So now the 2019/2020 campaign is officially all over bar the shouting, what is the position on Berkhamsted Raiders groundshare agreement at the Orbital Fasteners Stadium. The beleaguered Club still had seven home fixtures remaining didn't they and I am sure paid for the entire season up front rather than pay in dribs and drabs on a game by game basis, knowing Kings Langley from the dealings I've had with them in the past, they won't be overly keen to refund some of that money.

We are all just dying to know 

It may be too soon but has there been an announcement as yet on Berkhamsted Raiders groundshare agreement at the Orbital Fasteners Stadium, firstly, for next season and, secondly, the Club still had seven home fixtures remaining this season and, correct me if I am wrong, paid for the entire season up front rather than on a game by game basis, will Kings Langley be refunding some of that money.

11 hours ago, Rhodes said:

It may be too soon but has there been an announcement as yet on Berkhamsted Raiders groundshare agreement at the Orbital Fasteners Stadium, firstly, for next season and, secondly, the Club still had seven home fixtures remaining this season and, correct me if I am wrong, paid for the entire season up front rather than on a game by game basis, will Kings Langley be refunding some of that money.

Im sure Kings Langley FC will do the right thing?

Think about how many clubs are in Kings Langley FCs situation? as lots of clubs these days ground share? and remember lots of clubs also lost games this/last season ? to the bad weather? so some clubs still had loads of games left to play?

Had the Coronavirus not struck then I gather these were Berkhamsted Raiders fixtures for the remainder of this season, I am therefore wondering how the beleaguered Club could have possibly completed all of those. Kings Langley had seven home games to complete and Watford Ladies six remaining Women's National League South home fixtures, you could absolutely guarantee something else going wrong to prevent Berkhamsted Raiders from completing some of their seven games at the Orbital Fasteners Stadium and possibly the games at Pitstone & Ivinghoe, Aston Clinton, Old Bradwell United and Buckingham Athletic as well in what had been a jinxed campaign for the Club to put it mildly: 

Saturday 14 March   Berkhamsted Raiders v Codicote
Saturday 28 March   Berkhamsted Raiders v MK Gallacticos
Wednesday 1 April   Berkhamsted Raiders v Tring Corinthians AFC
Saturday 4 April        Pitstone & Ivinghoe v Berkhamsted Raiders
Monday 13 April        Berkhamsted Raiders v Totternoe 
Wednesday 22 April  Berkhamsted Raiders v New Bradwell St Peter
Saturday 25 April       Berkhamsted Raiders v Bovingdon
Tuesday 5 May         Aston Clinton v Berkhamsted Raiders
Thursday 7 May        Old Bradwell United v Berkhamsted Raiders
TBA                           Buckingham United v Berkhamsted Raiders
TBA                           Berkhamsted Raiders v The 61 FC (Luton)

Further to my earlier post, I'm just wondering actually whether Berkhamsted Raiders are secretly rubbing their hands following the sudden termination of the 2019/20 campaign knowing that, firstly, it was unlikely they would have completed all their fixtures anyway and, secondly, knowing full well that they would not have finished in the top five places in Division Two in order to gain promotion to Step 6 level therefore saving face. The beleaguered Club were sitting in sixth place when the curtain dropped like a stone, two points behind both Aston Clinton in fifth and and MK Gallacticos in fourth however, crucially, had played more games, furthermore Mursley United were just three points behind with three games in hand. It could be argued that they still had to entertain MK Gallacticos on 28 March and travel to Aston Clinton Park on 5 May however the way the team were performing, with one win in their last ten games, six points would have been highly unlikely.

• 2 weeks later...

Following the FA Council's unpopular ratification on Thursday to officially call a halt on the 2019/20 campaign and declare it null and void, do we know what lies in store for beleaguered Berkhamsted Raiders who must be feeling like Frank Bruno when he was on the ropes against the likes of Tim Witherspoon, James 'Bonecrusher' Smith and Mike Tyson. Is, for example, the Club's groundshare agreement with Kings Langley dead in the water and they have to find a new home, if that is the case then at least far less salubrious surroundings than the Orbital Fasteners Stadium will be acceptable for another season in Division Two and then attempt to negotiate a Step 6 groundshare for 2021/22 if results improve next season and a top five place is achieved, unlike it would have been this season. At least stark lessons will have fortunately been learned in that it is not advisable to put all your eggs in one basket or to try to run before you can walk, a top five place this season was by no means guaranteed as the Club found to their cost between mid November and early March when winning just one game in ten outings.

Edited by Rhodes

On ‎01‎/‎02‎/‎2020 at 16:00, Rhodes said:

I don't believe that these photos from the Unite MK and Berkhamsted Raiders game on 1 February were posted at the time: 

Unite MK v Berkhamsted Raiders SSMFL

I see that all of the groundshare agreements that are currently in place for SSML Club's expire shortly, I wonder how many of those will or can be extended including that of Berkhamsted Raiders with Kings Langley at the Orbital Fasteners Stadium which, I would have thought, was highly unlikely and the Club will have to find a new home for the 2020/21 campaign:

Baldock Town at Arlesey Town expires 31 May 2020

Brimsdown at Ware expires 31 July 2020

Broadfields United at Harefield United expires 31 May 2020

Enfield Borough at Wingate & Finchley expires 31 May 2020  

Berkhamsted Raiders at Kings Langley expires 31 May 2020

New Salamis at Enfield Town expires 31 May 2020

St Panteleimon at North Greenford United expires 31 May 2020 

London Tigers at Amersham Town expires 31 May 2020 

Wembley with Cricklewood Wanderers expires 31 May 2020

Crawley Green at 'The Brache', Luton expires 31 May 2020