Fans Focus - Non League football clubs
Sign in to follow this  
Local Supporter

Berkhamsted Raiders

Clubs at levels such as this and even up to step 2 and those at step 1 who aren’t looking to get into the league it makes total sense, low maintenance costs, you don’t lose games, train on it, can have all your sides use it if you want, hire it out for extra income etc..

1 hour ago, Big J R said:

Why 'afraid', Savage ??

OK  -  There are still some concerns about the material used and health, but if you can afford it, then go for it.  At least you won't lose loads of games through the weather conditions.

Yeah I just prefer grass pitches that's all but I do understand why more and more non league footy clubs are turning to the plastic stuff.

Although not Ashlyns School in Chesham Road where, in October 2010, the BerkoAstro 3G pitch was opened following an innovative partnership between Berkhamsted Raiders and the school where £750,000 was raised through a Football Foundation grant to deliver the project and full size 3G floodlit pitch, however I couldn't help noticing that there is a floodlit 3G pitch at the well heeled Berkhamsted School in Castle Street, I'm sure that Berkhamsted Raiders have also tried to get their foot in the door there to gain use of it:

Berkhamsted School

Edited by Rhodes