Fans Focus - Non League football clubs
Sign in to follow this  
Local Supporter

Berkhamsted Raiders

Clubs at levels such as this and even up to step 2 and those at step 1 who aren’t looking to get into the league it makes total sense, low maintenance costs, you don’t lose games, train on it, can have all your sides use it if you want, hire it out for extra income etc..

1 hour ago, Big J R said:

Why 'afraid', Savage ??

OK  -  There are still some concerns about the material used and health, but if you can afford it, then go for it.  At least you won't lose loads of games through the weather conditions.

Yeah I just prefer grass pitches that's all but I do understand why more and more non league footy clubs are turning to the plastic stuff.

Posted (edited)

Although not Ashlyns School in Chesham Road where, in October 2010, the BerkoAstro 3G pitch was opened following an innovative partnership between Berkhamsted Raiders and the school where £750,000 was raised through a Football Foundation grant to deliver the project and full size 3G floodlit pitch, however I couldn't help noticing that there is a floodlit 3G pitch at the well heeled Berkhamsted School in Castle Street, I'm sure that Berkhamsted Raiders have also tried to get their foot in the door there to gain use of it:

Berkhamsted School

Edited by Rhodes

Posted (edited)

Talking of the innovative partnership between Berkhamsted Raiders and the Ashlyns School in Chesham Road, here are some photographs from the official opening of the BerkoAstro 3G pitch where £750,000 was raised through a Football Foundation grant to deliver the project and full size 3G floodlit pitch, Luther Blissett was guest at the opening:

Ashlyn's School

Edited by Rhodes

On ‎06‎/‎06‎/‎2020 at 22:53, Savagebee said:

Don't blame em it's a great set up at Hemel Hempstead Town FC

https://www.hemelfc.com/amp/ground-improvements-update?__twitter_impression=true

I see that Hemel Hempstead Town have started work on converting to 3G at Vauxhall Road:

Billede

14 hours ago, Rhodes said:

I see that Hemel Hempstead Town have started work on converting to 3G at Vauxhall Road:

Billede

Tudors Are To Offer Football To NHS Staff For Only £5

Hemel Hempstead Town are doing everything they can to reward frontline workers who have served the community so well during the pandemic.

The National League South side have announced big matchday reductions - with NHS staff now able to watch the team play for only £5.

Those in the military, police force and fire service will be able catch games for just £7.

That’s not all, with adult prices slashed to £10 for the 2020-21 campaign after the impact of the coronavirus hit hard.

Chairman Dave Boggins has been thinking long and hard about the situation during lockdown and he came to the conclusion that the Tudors had to act with the challenging financial situation the world finds itself in.

They think offering the reduced rates to NHS and other key workers is the perfect way to salute the staff.

This is our way of saying thank you to the NHS staff for the sacrifice they have made in very challenging circumstances,” he said.

“The NHS staff have been on the front line and put themselves at risk for us. This is the least we could do for our NHS heroes.

“We look forward to welcoming them and hope they'll be able to enjoy the football at Vauxhall Road next season.”

He added: “We understand that so many supporters have been impacted financially by the pandemic.

“This was extremely important to me as some may have lost jobs or had a loss of income. We want Vauxhall Road to be a place where our community can come together to support each other and hopefully see some success on the pitch."

Great stuff 👍 :clap:

On 22/05/2020 at 15:08, Winslow Boy said:

How long before they are announced at Hemel?

Winslow Boy - If you are  right then Steve Bateman and Lee Bircham will be announced as the new joint Managers of Hemel Hempstead Town tomorrow morning:

The new Hemel Hempstead Town Manager will be revealed live on BBC Three Counties Radio tomorrow. He’ll give his first live interview on Andy Collins’ show at 745am Thursday morning. Listen live on 103.8FM, 104.5FM, 95.5FM, DAB, freeview or online: https://www.bbc.co.uk/schedules/p00fzl96/2020/07/16

adio

What do i win if I’m right?

1 hour ago, Rhodes said:

Winslow Boy - If you are  right then Steve Bateman and Lee Bircham will be announced as the new joint Managers of Hemel Hempstead Town tomorrow morning:

The new Hemel Hempstead Town Manager will be revealed live on BBC Three Counties Radio tomorrow. He’ll give his first live interview on Andy Collins’ show at 745am Thursday morning. Listen live on 103.8FM, 104.5FM, 95.5FM, DAB, freeview or online: https://www.bbc.co.uk/schedules/p00fzl96/2020/07/16

adio

WB has contacts I'm going with what he says 👍

Their forthcoming appointment at Hemel is the worst kept secret in football

10 minutes ago, Karen Browne said:

Their forthcoming appointment at Hemel is the worst kept secret in football

Karen - Like FC Broxbourne Borough leaving the SSML you mean. I wonder though if it is just one Manager as opposed to a partnership which would then rule out Steve Bateman and Lee Bircham: 

Billede

Well who would have guessed

Lee Bircham assisted by Steve Bateman named as new management team at Hemel

45 minutes ago, Karen Browne said:

Well who would have guessed

Lee Bircham assisted by Steve Bateman named as new management team at Hemel

Somebody several months ago when they left Berko...

didn’t expect it to be that way around though. 

Yes, congratulations to Lee Bircham and his trusted assistant Steve Bateman, it only seems like yesterday that Lee was at Green Lane with Bovingdon:

https://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/sport/16240265.manager-lee-bircham-hopes-bovingdon-build-on-herts-senior-county-league-title/

Billede

3 hours ago, Winslow Boy said:

Somebody several months ago when they left Berko...

didn’t expect it to be that way around though. 

Was always going to be that way round.  Suits both of them perfectly.  Spoke to Lee personally earlier and fantastic he has been given this opportunity.  Loved my time working with him at Berko.

18 hours ago, Savagebee said:

WB has contacts I'm going with what he says 👍

🙄 😏

Never knew Lee Bircham played for Fisher Athletic FC 😲

Remember him having a cracking season a few years back for Leverstock Green FC where he scored a load of goals for them during one season.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Deano5 said:

Was always going to be that way round.  Suits both of them perfectly.  Spoke to Lee personally earlier and fantastic he has been given this opportunity.  Loved my time working with him at Berko.

Makes sense. Lee will be looking to go on in management and Steve with his experience will be good support. Brennan did well there, good luck to them, great opportunity. 

Edited by Winslow Boy

On 19/06/2020 at 15:31, Big J R said:

'Home & Colonial'  !

That brings back memories.  Ooops - showing my age again.

Big J R - Perhaps I should PM this to you as it has nothing whatsoever to do with Berkhamsted Raiders but are you interested in old signs:

Old Signs

No need, but thanks all the same