Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Town v Corinthian Casuals

Father Jack

Not proud to admit for the first time in over 40 years of following Enfield I was indoors before the final whistle... not feeling well at all  i made the effort only to be subjected to the most tedious 75 minutes since the last tedious 90 minutes the 0-0 with Merstham.... not going to lay all the blame with the management as usual ... the players quite simply were poor... the skill level the control and passing was way below the level required.... after going out of the FA trophy which was described as a inconvenience so we can concentrate on the league this will probably be described as a blessing so we can now concentrate on the cup..... honest opinions please lads .... 

Sorry that you are feeling under the whether Theo, but I too left when the Referee unfortunately got injured. I have little to say that I haven't said many times before and I certainly cannot add to THeo's and CC's comments. Other than that I believe there are some players in our squad who, given the right leadership, are good enough to bring success to the club. But I am afraid no matter how he excuses himself AL and his coaching staff are not adequate for the task. 

No wonder the ground was voted No1 we will never wear the grass out playing as we do. I have seen U10's string more passes.

I await the Politza Book prize contributions who can convince me otherwise.

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

I defy anybody to come on here and defend the way ETFC played today. Please don't say CC stopped our expansive game or that we were unlucky. We were shocking! I can't remember the number of times the ball got lost in the clouds or was given away needlessly. We got what we deserved and that was nothing. I have yet to thaw out.?

So difficult to argue with the comments above. This was one of the worst performances I’ve seen( and I’ve seen a lot of poor performances). We have no shape, the players all seem to get the urge to clear the lines, booting the ball in the air as far as they can. Tactics are and have been wrong, it’s not fun watching this rubbish, I have no doubt that the players are giving their all, but they collectively have neither the skill, ability, intelligence needed at this level. The manager is responsible and I have reluctantly to agree that AL has not been able to produce a team which entertains. We don’t seem able to win either so we don’t even get pleasure from playing drab winning football. I have to agree that it is clear that AL is not able to provide us with a team that us good to watch and which wins regularly. I’ve had enough, I will continue to support the club, attend the matches but we must find a manager who excites and inspires both players and supporters, now is the time for change so we can prepare for next season.

I too thought that the players individually were good enough but now I have my doubts.... Again we saw the ridiculous tactic of hoofing the ball forward to a 6ft 2 defender who won every single header with Billy left to just barge into him in the hope of putting him off....but even when the ball was on the floor most of the passing was dire.... I’m glad TCC said it first ... Leese out and start planning for the new season at this rate as I put before we will start next season from scratch again and be back to square one.....

As MTH said I too will continue supporting the club since it's hard to break a many many years habit , but on an occasional basis until things change.

To me sport should be entertaining ,or at least show some attempt to be so at what ever level. As say this because there are people volunteering time of the pitch to help the club achieve something. They at least should be able to expect that the  paid playing management etc within the club try to meet their expectations. I regret that from what I have seen in the past 18 months is amongst the worst football I have ever watch from an Enfield side.

As for OT observation I'm afraid the refs are not an excuse for our players weeks on end trying to see who can belt the ball the highest. But then you must see things differently.

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

To be honest 4WF i have absolutely no qualms about the commitment and will of the players... the work rate is first class we just fall short on the tactical and the skill level required for success in the league... for me now it’s about the cup and preparing for next season and I don’t see this manager as the type to prepare the club for that ....

2 hours ago, MTHead said:

we must find a manager who excites and inspires both players and supporters, now is the time for change so we can prepare for next season.

how about the Mr Jose Mourinho   

25 minutes ago, old towner said:

how about the Mr Jose Mourinho   

Yet again you townies call for Andy's head after a couple of bad matches. No manager on earth gets it right all the time . Its your boardroom that stumps up the cash for Andy . He can only spend what he's given . You lot still don't get it do you. Get a proper chairman , Get shot of the palsy walsy club . They have taken it as far as it goes. ?

Edited by Albury_Walker
Spelling