Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Town v Corinthian Casuals

Father Jack

20 hours ago, 72wembleyfinal said:

@Theodopolous

I think you will find that BBricknell signed a 2 year deal.

Billy must be thoroughly cheesed off that his mates Matt Johnson and Lewis Taaffe talked him into joining this Town side under this manager. Its so unbelievably frustrating when you look at the Haringey side flying high. Lets not forget that Haringey are doing rather well with 2 Andy Leese rejects in their side (Gabriel and Kirby). Gabriel was particularly scathing of AL during pre-season. At this point I would take Brad Quinton back in a flash, or maybe give the gig to Mario full-time.....we just need a change!

Two things I have learnt to day. 

Firstly, that it seems BB is on a two year contract. As most of us know he was a great acquisition but this management seem incapable of thinking think up a method so that the team play to his strengths. His running of the ball calls for someone with passing ability. As it is he needs to be 20ft tall to take some of the current passes.  Surely the manager or scouts can look for a couple of players who don't have to kick hell out of the ball to make progress. I have to agree with CC but I for one would like to see a complete change.

Secondly on a lighter note, it is nice to see that some are able to keep their sense of humour. Thanks for that Andy and B-H-the Goal .

1 hour ago, Theodopolous said:

Glad to find BB will be with us next year... still think with the service he is a class goal scorer and any new manager who comes in will be more than happy to build a team around him.... is the manager on a contract for next season or is he a free agent next year ?

I suspect another side might come in with an offer for next season if they hear that BB isn't entirely happy at a mediocre Bostik Prem side.

I think your right TCC .... only speculating but we could find another mass exodus at the end of the season with players unhappy and we will be back to where we were  last season with Simon and Liam leading our attack.... ?..... that’s why I think it’s vital now to make the change and get our decent players to want to stay because they will know deep down there is not a hope in hell of this management team leading us to promotion .... 

What frustrates me more Theo is that with a couple of good midfielder players and some better planning we could still consolidate at least a play off place. It would help with a win to night, which of course will all want.  But even so it it will still leave many questions left unanswered.  

I will not be at the AGM as I am having some medical treatment earlier in the day. But I hope that not only AL is at AGM but all his coaching staff. It would be helpful if those members who have similar concerns to me, as I have expressed on this forum, ask them what plans they have to improve our method play in order to improve consistency, either from with in or by recruitment.  Also how we as members can help to facilitate this. 

I believe that decisions at this years AGM, both by the elected board and members, will play a crucial part in what happens to the clubs ability to continue to move forward. So don't miss out in having your say. 

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

At the moment 4WF I just want to see some good football and be entertained.... I don’t really care about the playoffs now because quite frankly promotion at this time could be a bad thing.... we have a skeleton squad now with no planning for the future on the field ... I fear the extra money we receive will nowhere be enough to provide a competitive squad with the extra travelling required... it could be an absolute embarrassment playing the Andy Leese way in the National south....Dulwich are just above the relegation places and they had crowds of 3000....  let’s win the cup... lift a trophy and let’s get a manager in that will do this club justice .....

I agree with what with what you say Theo but as I said on previous occasions having been castigated on numerous occasions for my views in the past I now try to be a little more tempered in my arguments. After a while banging ones head against a brick wall becomes quite tedious. But there is still a lot of truth in what you say so keep at it. 

As I said right at the outset of AL's reign I had my doubts as to his ability to bring the type of football used to by older supporters. But most were content to stay with it and quite a few still do.

Edited by 4wembleyfinals