Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Worthing v Enfield Town

seemgee

Fantastic result .. away against the best team I have seen this season when they beat us 4-1! And a clean sheet!

Can’t wait to read people’s views of the game. The dorking highlights on the net suggest we were unlucky midweek, so have we turned the corner?

Any reason why Hope not in the squad?

Yes a fantastic result,shows what this group of players are capable of.Still in with a shout of a play off place.last Saturday when Liam was named as sub, it was as a result of Ibe pulling a muscle in warmup,I think Liam was at the stadium to watch the game,so I doubt if he is 100% match fit.But I for one would love to see him feature in future games.I just pray the squad stays fit,as Andy does not have a lot to fall back on.Great to see our younger players on the bench,I am sure they will all have apart to play in the coming games.

Having seen both the Dorking and Worthing matches this week, one where we were very unlucky to lose, late in the game, against a very good second in the Table side, then this afternoon when Town fielded the same starting eleven, and Town delivered a highly impressive all-round team performance,  to beat The Rebels 3-0 to move above them in the Table.

There was a big turn-out of the Town faithful and they were richly rewarded for their continual support. After Billy Bricknell gave Town the lead, bang on half time, our players piled on the pressure in the second half, and with the wind on their backs, Matt Johnson hit a superb goal from 25-30 yards out, which hit the back of the net before the Worthing keeper had time to move. A BIG contender for goal-of-the-season! Two minutes later the match was all but over, when Matt struck again, for his second and Town's third. We also went close on a number of other occasions, but a 3-0 away victory against a team who, as Raingod points out, beat us 4-1 at the QE2 Stadium before Christmas, is by any standards an excellent result.

Have we turned the corner? Time will tell.  If we continue to play as we have done in past two matches, we will win more than we lose. It will be interesting to hear what other Towners, who were at the match today, have to say. Sure it will be very positive. Well done Andy and our players ..you did us proud!

I do hope you are right LH but we have got to win more homes games. Our away record speaks volumes even with 5 losses.  But it our home form that is letting us down even allowing for the one game difference and having lost only three games. To be able to retain a position within the top 5 places you should expect a bigger ratio of wins to that at home. If this was so and we had won 3 of the 6 draws we would be third. 

Unfortunately, I have seen hardly any away games this year, for reasons already explained. But at home we have given away too many points in avoidable draws. If we have defended our lead on at least three occasion we would now be at least third.

From what I have seen it is at home matches where planning is badly needed by the playing management.

So Andy won't be sacked this week then ... Only a few days ago some of you wanted him out . You lot are a strange and unusual bunch of people ?  But pleased for Andy the messiah . 

Don’t worry AW there are plenty of us that still want him out... the rubbish football I have witnessed for two seasons hasn’t changed on one result....There was no chance of AL getting sacked this week AW.... We still have a big chance of a cup final and a trophy that is far more important to me than a play off place this season ..... im just concerned that any change at the end of season could mean starting from scratch again....

Great result but it only highlights the problem - inconsistency. Away wins at Folkestone Invicta, Tonbridge Angels, Bognor Regis and Worthing, all of which would have been considered amongst the favourites for promotion at the start of the season, only makes our current position more difficult to understand. 7 wins away and 4 at home is just another way of expressing the issue. There is still plenty of time to get ourselves firmly in the promotion race but only if we can do it on a week by week basis, not just now and then.

Don't think we should underestimate what a good result, and performance, many of us witnessed yesterday.

Matt Johnson was outstanding in a more advanced midfield position than in recent weeks and was my man of the match even before his stunning two goals, followed very closely behind by Micky Parcell. Great performances all over the pitch though, with everybody standing up and being counted against a team that destroyed us at home.

We all know these players are capable of performances like that (remember Tonbridge away?) but we need to do that more consistently - if you watch the interview with Worthing's manager after the game, Andy could have uttered those words word for word far too many times this season. 

The challenge to the players is to see that level of performance regularly.

Travelling support was magnificent again yesterday, by the way.

Archived