Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

What's happened?

kimbles left foot

I've not seen any of the games since Stimson has been installed of manager so don't know how we are playing other then looking at the results and opions on here. I understand it takes a while for new managers to put their ideas in place but 14 games in for Stimson and it's not looking great. So I'm interested in your views are we genuinely heading in the right direction and it's just a case of not taking out chances? Perhaps we are trying to play too much football now rather then grinding out results and becoming hard to beat under Jimmy?

It will come, today I did not feel any of our players had a bad game and we just failed to hit the back of the net. The second half on Monday for me was one of our best resent performance for a long time. 

I have full faith in our new manager to get us playing well and winning games again.

8 minutes ago, blackballed said:

It will come, today I did not feel any of our players had a bad game and we just failed to hit the back of the net. The second half on Monday for me was one of our best resent performance for a long time. 

I have full faith in our new manager to get us playing well and winning games again.

? George and marks seem to be scoring still so maybe some help from the midfield. I think replacing a quality player like Warner was maybe harder then expected as he chipped in with a fair few goals from midfield.

I don’t see as many games as I used to because of my location but what I have seen is a team beset with injuries and as a result not being able to play consistently. Taylor Miles is the sort of creative midfielder what we’ve been missing for a long time at the club and I’m glad we extended his loan spell. We need a settled team , that’s the problem in my opinion To paraphrase Eric Morcambe (yes I’m old) we’ve got all the players we need but not necessarily in the right order.

I miss Jimmy but I think he made a brave but correct decision to leave. I’m sure he would have kept us safe but let’s face it, his health did suffer and he’s already given so much to the football club. I’m certain we’ve got the right replacement but we do need to get a settled team - no pressure on the physio then ? agree with Kimble about being able to chip in with goals from the midfield. Thought that would be someone like Lewwis Spence  but it hasn’t happened for him yet. 

What’s happened? We are playing better entertaining football, unfortunately we have too many injuries, but I see a team that’s working together and enjoying their game. This league is tough. Merstham were very good and deserved to win but there were times when we held our own. We are missing the finish at the front. I’m sorry to say that Sean Marks is good if the ball is to his head or foot, but if he has to sprint any distance he’s not there. There are super balls coming from George and Jay but invariably he is not there in the right place to finish. I know he’s the scored the goals but it’s frustrating to see balls flying across and not being finished off. If I one criticism of the new manager is the loss of Livings and Theo. I would have liked to have seen how they would have performed now we are playing a new style of football. But we will stay up and things will get better I’m sure. 

Agree with most of the posts on here.

A big factor is the loss of Nathan Cooper at the back for large parts of the season and all of Stimson's reign.  We are also struggling for consistency and seemingly play in halves e.g. good second against Harlow, good first against Burgess Hill, good second against Carshalton - need to do it for 90 minutes.  Also agree with Anthony that we are tending to concede at awful times, especially just before and after half time.

As a newcomer to the Urchin cause I have only ever seen Nathan Cooper on the opposing team but he always stood out with awesome performances. Glenn seems to have settled quickly though and his experience at higher levels will hopefully get the clean sheets coming in again. From my Thurrock days, it took a while for Jordan to find a settled position rather than filling in wherever necessary as a utility player but once he started sitting in front of the back 4 at the bottom of a diamond he found his home, from comments I have read many long-term Urchins seem to think the same way. I am also a long-time fan of Joe Christou and was very pleased to see him back in action - and again what I have read on Twitter, match reports etc. also identified him as making an immediate impact.

Also, in the short time I've been following the team, I have never seen someone hit the post so many times as George Purcell - if either or both against Folkestone had gone in I'm certain we'd have won that game. George Saunders - how does he not get kicked ten yards into touch to slow him down after mugging off another full back? But, my goodness, when he is on it he is unplayable! To me, he sometimes seems to rush when he has more time to wait for a better situation to develop but so many assists already and can only get better with time.

I could also wax lyrical about all the other regular starting XI (could also bitch but I tend to be glass half full) and it is frustrating that the results aren't matching up with the quality of the football. 

But, 3rd to 15th are covered by only 10 points so string a few results together, get on the bottom of that ladder and then suddenly another couple of results can jump you several places up the table.

54 minutes ago, Riversideman said:

Lee Prescott and Jamie Hursit have left. Following on from my concerns about the loss of Livings and Theo this does concern me. They may have decide to leave of own accord of course. 

I can understand your concern, but players all have to be paid and our squad I'm sure had grown above what we can afford. I for one hate to see players go but know this has to happen to keep us going.  

I also have faith in our manager and directors in what they are doing.

Archived