Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Enfield Town v Margate

littlehampton

Decent win and performance yesterday, bar the first 20 mins when I thought I might need a neck brace. After that it settled down and plenty of good passing football was played and we were worthy winners and it if hadn't been for their keeper, who I thought didn't have a bad game, it could've been more, but you can't argue with 4 goals and a clean sheet. Thought Johnson and Blackman were my MOM, ran their socks off and totally controlled the centre of the park. As mentioned previously thought Nolan did well, good distribution and handling, he got away with one near the end of the game but all round more than an able deputy for Wright. I think that's 2 games for him now and 2 clean sheets. Just as a side thought on Nolan, were we a bit fortunate he was there as he wasn't originally named on the bench, not too sure what the team protocol is for having the back up keeper at the ground.

I thought that we were awful in the first half ! Considering that our manager doesn't instruct the team to play long, we seem to adopt that style of play a hell of a lot ! Whatever he said at half time should be his instruction at the start of games as we kept it on the floor and played through not a bad Margate team to be fair. Our finishing was more clinical and we thoroughly deserved the points on that second half showing. Did anybody else find the screeching woman on the Margate drum a tad annoying ?

Encouraging to read some positive feedback on yesterdays match, which lifted us up to 6th in the IPL table. Also good that we kept another clean sheet, for two consecutive matches, and have only conceded one goal (away to Dorking) in our last three matches. We are now back within touching distance of the play-offs, and with 14 league matches still to play (7 home / 7 away), we have every chance of making them, if our players maintain their present form. We are one of the top three goal-scoring sides in the league, and  the arrival of Marc Weatherstone has certainly helped tighten our defence. So everything to play for, and definitely a time to be optimistic, and give maximum support to our players and Club.  COYT

Well done to the ultras yesterday for the great support ... it has been a bit flat recently....  as ST said it’s strange our manager says he doesn’t instruct our team to go long but for 60 odd games now we have done nothing but..... But the one constant thing on here we all agreed on early season was that we had the players to challenge it’s up to the manager to get the best out of them.... what do the forum members think... has he done that or is there more to come ... how many of you are satisfied now we are back challenging for the play offs....

Hmmm...everyone is entitled to their own opinion ST....but I honestly don't think BQ would have breezed the IPL this season, and from the games I have seen recently at Dorking and Worthing, our football has been far from dull. Football is a results business, and sometimes teams have to grind-out a result. We are currently 6th in the Table, with two good wins on the bounce, and a tough match in prospect at Bishop's Stortford tomorrow night. If you are really so unhappy with our football, and the performances you've watched this season, why don't you speak to AL direct and express your concerns?