Fans Focus - Non League football clubs
Sign in to follow this  

Good News,  after an early morning pitch inspection, its GAME ON this afternoon when we host Margate FC in our Bostik Premier Division League match at the QE2 Stadium.

Town have played well in the last couple of matches, and it is a great opportunity to build on our excellent team performance at Worthing last weekend.

Should be a good match,  and it will be interesting to see how loan signing Karl does on his welcome return to the Club.

Good luck guys!   COYT

Wright, Hatton,  Greene ,  Johnson,  Weatherstone,  Sutton, Parcell, Blackman,  Bricknell,  Youngs, Oliyide. Subs: Mubiayi, Ibe, Sayoud, Empson, Chaney

Oh, and it's cold!

Matt Nolan replaces Wright in goal

1-0 Bricknell 35 mins

Town will be happy to be in front at the interval, in a close match which has seen chances at both ends. Billy Bricknell headed home after 35mins from Aaron Green's cross.

2-0 Parcell 52 mins

3-0  Weatherstone 57 mins

4-0 Oliyide 62 mins

No stopping Town today!  Our fourth goal arrives from Sam Youngs corner which apparently was diverted in by a Margate defender, but has been credited to Karl Oliyide.  

For the staistic 3 substitutions are Sayoud for Bricknell, Ibe for Oliyide, Chaney for Weatherstone

FT 4-0

att 403

Hey, hey, a bitterly cold afternoon at the QE2 Stadium, but another excellent team performance and result for the Town, which will have delighted and warmed the Enfield faithful. Well done to everyone who braved the weather to support Andy and the boys today. Will be very interested to hear peoples thoughts on todays match. Let's hear it for the Town!

Good all-round performance,kept the ball on the deck a lot more,Matt Nolan must take a lot of credit for that,his distribution was excellent.Well deserved result today.

And yes it was freezing today !

totally agree with ALL comments    Football on the ground !!!!!!!!!! and we played well  see it can be done  and yes it was cold :cold:

cold enough to freeze the balls off a brass monkey  

Beat me to it with the Nolan distribution... why has it taken this long....second half we actually looked like a football team with hardly any wasted punts forward... first half pretty even and slightly fortunate to be a goal up.....still too many simple passes going astray ...but second half we really opened em up... I liked Karl before and he is an excellent replacement for Mo... Sam Young’s really looked a class act again and was my man of the match by a mile...still need to tighten up at the back early doors as Margate could easily have led but well done to all concerned... it makes me actually look forward to the next game now and it will be interesting to see if the message has got through to Joe that hoofing forward repeatedly will not bring good football.....

Decent win and performance yesterday, bar the first 20 mins when I thought I might need a neck brace. After that it settled down and plenty of good passing football was played and we were worthy winners and it if hadn't been for their keeper, who I thought didn't have a bad game, it could've been more, but you can't argue with 4 goals and a clean sheet. Thought Johnson and Blackman were my MOM, ran their socks off and totally controlled the centre of the park. As mentioned previously thought Nolan did well, good distribution and handling, he got away with one near the end of the game but all round more than an able deputy for Wright. I think that's 2 games for him now and 2 clean sheets. Just as a side thought on Nolan, were we a bit fortunate he was there as he wasn't originally named on the bench, not too sure what the team protocol is for having the back up keeper at the ground.

I thought that we were awful in the first half ! Considering that our manager doesn't instruct the team to play long, we seem to adopt that style of play a hell of a lot ! Whatever he said at half time should be his instruction at the start of games as we kept it on the floor and played through not a bad Margate team to be fair. Our finishing was more clinical and we thoroughly deserved the points on that second half showing. Did anybody else find the screeching woman on the Margate drum a tad annoying ?

Encouraging to read some positive feedback on yesterdays match, which lifted us up to 6th in the IPL table. Also good that we kept another clean sheet, for two consecutive matches, and have only conceded one goal (away to Dorking) in our last three matches. We are now back within touching distance of the play-offs, and with 14 league matches still to play (7 home / 7 away), we have every chance of making them, if our players maintain their present form. We are one of the top three goal-scoring sides in the league, and  the arrival of Marc Weatherstone has certainly helped tighten our defence. So everything to play for, and definitely a time to be optimistic, and give maximum support to our players and Club.  COYT

Well done to the ultras yesterday for the great support ... it has been a bit flat recently....  as ST said it’s strange our manager says he doesn’t instruct our team to go long but for 60 odd games now we have done nothing but..... But the one constant thing on here we all agreed on early season was that we had the players to challenge it’s up to the manager to get the best out of them.... what do the forum members think... has he done that or is there more to come ... how many of you are satisfied now we are back challenging for the play offs....

It's hard to criticise after a 4 nil win but I reckon that Brad would have walked this league with these players ( not that I want him back ). AL has never been the right fit for me and never will be. The football that we've watched for the last season and a half has been on the whole ........... extremely dull.