Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

35 years of Enfield football

AnfieldTowner

I thought it was Newport but I bow to your knowledge but it was certainly a game in the South wales area and that my recollection of TU meeting the team coach is as it was told to me and the man himself confirmed several days later. 

It would be interesting to note where one can find more detailed history of the clubs earlier days. I did find a long list of past players but never saved it. Would welcome any suggestions. Helpful ones not rude!!!!!!

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

4WF to help broaden your knowledge of the old Club I suggest you buy a copy of 'SIMPLY THE E'S'  A History of Enfield Football Club an excellent 305 page hardback book compiled and written by former Director and Club Secretary Alan Diment. It should provide everything you need to know. It retails for £10 or less, and if you are really lucky Dave Hicks might be able to supply you with one in the Club Shop. Hope this helps!

Thanks LH. I new Alan Diment from way back and I know of his book. I would like to get a copy as I am sure it will help to revive my memory and bring back quite a number of enjoyable moments.

Unfortunately, most internet searches are not very concise. For example the recent one I found made no mention of Len West, Roger Day, Alf Darcy, Terry Howard, Tommy Lawence, Noel Ashford just to name a few of the "unforgettable players" who helped to make up the history of the club. 

Well this post got me thinking. My first game at Southbury Road was the 1977-78 season, a two-nil win over Tooting & Mitcham  (I think).  I remember Bruce the dog! 

How time passes ..... now Greg Heald's son is on the ETFC subs bench ?. Fingers crossed he breaks into the first team (cue mass reminiscing :oldman:)