Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Bishop's Stortford v Enfield Town

seemgee

Yep.... second best against a very well organised and competitive Stortford side... we simply had no time on the ball... even Sam who normally makes time was knocked off the ball as soon as he received it.... A point would have been a good one but as usual one slip costs us dear.... no real positives to take into our cup game against them... on this showing I fancy Stortford will finish in the playoffs....

No Andy the reality is once again it is one step forward and two back with 7pts from the last 7 games. That is what we are expected to accept and I am afraid it is not good enough.

I believe we still need another 21 points from the last 13 games to even have a chance of scrapping into the play offs.

AL's criterion of 2pts per game is way short as we are only 1.5pts per game which is 14pts off achieving his prediction. Even if we win all our last 13 games we will fall short of his target. It is now up to him and his staff to come up with a plan to improve our consistency.  

A run of wins starting this Saturday or we should start planning for next year.

The planning for next year should be in place now 4WF that’s what worries me... as I’ve said before as a team and as a club I personally don’t think we are ready for promotion so the play offs really don’t matter to me now ... to me if the club waits until the end of season to change direction that will be a joke ... i can see us starting from scratch all over again come July .... so that makes me believe the club are happy with where we are and that Andy and co will be the ones to lead us next season....that’s just my thoughts and I’m sure others see it differently....

I think that they see me at the side and decide to put on their worst displays or were preparing to give BS a false sense of complacency before the cup match next week. After all we are unlikely to reach the play offs and all sports people like medals.

Another idea is they played to the highest level before the AGM as they did not want the manager to have to face us on the back of a slump.

On another matter Ryan has not been performing for the last two games and was subbed on Saturday. Is he really the man to be skipper? At the beginning of the season it could be accepted that he could lead by example, as his work rate, skill and commitment could not be faulted. He does not lead by bullying/encouragement and now that example is missing are their better players who can skipper the side.

Andy, I fully understood your observation on the four varied comments made supporters. My point is not the diametrical differences in opinions of one game.

It was that having been fed, on several occasions by AL, the mantra that the team should be capable of 2pts a game we are currently 25% short of this target.  As a consequence we are off course and it would need us to win all remaining games to retrieve the situation. In any other business, sport or otherwise, a -25% drop in productivity would require answers but we still go merrily along. That is why I hope we have started planning for next year.

Steph I hope you weren't using Stalin etc as a comparison to our leaders. If so your going to end up on the naughty step with me.

If indeed we are working to an overall plan, of what ever length, it comes as a surprise to me and I dare say to many others. If there is such a plan in being then perhaps it's should be promulgated amongst the members assuming we are considered intelligent enough to understand it!!!!! 

On the more immediate note I concur with much of what Theo and Steph have written earlier. Like Steph I cannot fault Ryan's effort and durability but at times he tends to forget where he should be vis-a-vi his position in the team set-up. As captain, above his normal team duties, he should be trying to get the team to play to the agreed plan, assuming there is one. Unfortunately his natural aggressive game seems to take over and he is becomes somewhat Gung-ho in his approach and is often found out of position resulting in him making rash tackles. This is not leadership. But then I suppose this could be said of many others. It may be of help to him and the team if he was relieved of the extra responsibility so he can concentrate more on his own game. 

the last few home games ive seen and I hope im not mistaken but Mr Blackman seems to find it hard to find a player in the same colour  as his  a big kick and lets hope it find a town player

any news on Joe??

and what was the five year plan

Archived