Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Remi Sutton

Old Codger

Reece was one of my favourite players. When he overlapped Joe Christou on the right wing was something sublime to watch. Always gives 100% for 100 minutes and one of the fittest players I've seen. If he was coming I'd have thought he'd have been here by now but then I wasn't expecting to see Remi either. 

Jay going with, as the announcement says, superb statistics. So we we announce someone is going and then say this is his wonderful record?! Looking at Jay’s twitter is doesn’t like he was glad to leave. Why not concentrate on replacing Marks who never seems to be able to get his foot or head to one of the super crosses that Jay, George and Saunders regularly sends in.

1 hour ago, Riversideman said:

Jay going with, as the announcement says, superb statistics. So we we announce someone is going and then say this is his wonderful record?! Looking at Jay’s twitter is doesn’t like he was glad to leave. Why not concentrate on replacing Marks who never seems to be able to get his foot or head to one of the super crosses that Jay, George and Saunders regularly sends in.

The stats we're announced to show our appreciation of someone who has been vital for us for the past few seasons. I'm really gutted about Jay leaving as he's one of my favourite players and has been brilliant for us. I'm sure he will be snapped up by someone very quickly as he's an outstanding player. 

I like Marks, proper old school striker! 

1 hour ago, Riversideman said:

Of course we do, it's professional and recognises Jay's contribution over the last 2 seasons.  As for Marks he's been excellent throughout - 15 goals, 7 assists is a good return so far this season, in fact his goal ratio of 1 every 160 minutes is the best at the club this season. 

We certainly don't need to replace Sean and we certainly didn't need to replace Jay.  There's plenty of other positions that needed strengthening first - a permanent centre back alongside Kenzer and a striker alongside Sean and George to name but two.

2 hours ago, WallyD said:

Are the players brought in better than the players that won us the league last year?

It's a difficult one.

Jimmy brought first teamers in - Chafer, Marks, Saunders, Spence, Clark - and without doubt they improved the starting 11.  The only in-season blip for me was seeing Warner leave.

Apart from Remi, Mark seems to have brought in squad players.  Remi looked good on Saturday but Jay is a very hard act to follow.

For the others Mark has added we just seem to have replaced the substitutes bench.  None of the players that left were consistent starters - Hursit, McKenzie, Anidugbe, Hogan, Livings, Nana, Theo etc but of the ones brought in (Stimson, Winn G, Winn R, Christou, Goode) only George Winn seems to start so it's difficult to say whether we have improved the starting 11.

I like Taylor Miles though if we could make that a permanent move.

Edited by andydick

30 minutes ago, andydick said:

It's a difficult one.

Jimmy brought first teamers in - Chafer, Marks, Saunders, Spence, Clark - and without doubt they improved the starting 11.  The only in-season blip for me was seeing Warner leave.

Apart from Remi, Mark seems to have brought in squad players.  Remi looked good on Saturday but Jay is a very hard act to follow.

For the others Mark has added we just seem to have replaced the substitutes bench.  None of the players that left were consistent starters - Hursit, McKenzie, Anidugbe, Hogan, Livings, Nana, Theo etc but of the ones brought in (Stimson, Winn G, Winn R, Christou, Goode) only George Winn seems to start so I'm not sure we have necessarily improved the starting 11.

I like Taylor Miles though if we could make that a permanent move.

I agree with you Andy.

Would like to have seen a few more players stay from the title team of last season. I hope we can at least keep the remaining players of that team (i.e. Alex, Nathan, George, Kenzer) as they have been fantastic since joining the club.  We need a settled side for the remaining of the season to ensure we stay up, which I have no doubt that we will. I hope there aren't anymore outgoings till the summer. 

In the summer will be a rebuilding process for Mark and it will take time. Interestingly this is the Thurrock team from the last game of the season v's Staines last year;

Starting XI

• Ben McNamara
  • Reece Morgan
  • Connor Weston
  • George Winn [Now at AFCH]
  • Dexter Peter
  • James Goode [Now at AFCH]
  • Jordan Clark [Now at AFCH]
  • Lewwis Spence [Now at AFCH]
  • Charlie Stimson [Now at AFCH]
  • Ronnie Winn [Now at AFCH]
  • Joel Nouble

Bench

• Timothy Ogunrinde
  • Toby Smith
  • Ellis Brown
  • Reece Cave
  • Remi Sutton [Now at AFCH]

Not included but was at Thurrock

• Joe Christou [Now at AFCH]

What is interesting is for me, who is going to play LB tomorrow in the semi-final? Most the guys we've signed are cup tied and i'd imagine Remi is in the same boat. 

Edited by Fat Tom Daley